Pre-dive rituals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverBry:
I usually drink 16 ounces of Gatorade or eat a banana and drink a lot of water.

Keeps the leg cramps at bay.

Plus it doesn't taste as bad the second time. :D

I always do a check for my weights. I usually check about 3 times before getting to the water. Nothing worse than having to do the walk of shame all the way back to the car, fish out the key, and find the weights.

Or being the one that keeps popping up in the water, grrrr can't - get - down....
see pic of Darcy's Quick Release weight system pic by SBM

Don't worry folks, some of Alexander Springs still remains onsite!

darcy:
I always do a check for my weights. I usually check about 3 times before getting to the water. Nothing worse than having to do the walk of shame all the way back to the car, fish out the key, and find the weights.

Or being the one that keeps popping up in the water, grrrr can't - get - down....
see pic of Darcy's Quick Release weight system pic by SBM

Now why didn't I think of rocks?

And all this time, I've been going to the bait shop and buying sinkers. :wink:

Walter:
Leaving no one on the boat is never "safe diving."

Walter, do you think conditions of the weather or the mooring play into account, or is this one of your ten commandments? There are people who calculate the odds and dive off their own boats successfully, especially all over Florida. I know it has a risk and you better not do it unless you know the area, etc.....I am not up for it yet...just curious.

Then again, I have people I won't get in a car with.

Oh...on topic. My ritual is I always put conditioner in my hair before I put the hood on. And I always check both regs. Evidently, I need to check them a little longer. Hate to waste that gas. I do always note the time and the heading from the boat.

kentley:
Plus it doesn't taste as bad the second time. :D

LOL, and Dramamine, if on a boat!

I dove with a guy this summer who did yoga before each dive. Even on a cattle boat. Kinda fun to watch.

OK, so what do you guys do with your car keys when you dive?

OK, so what do you guys do with your car keys when you dive?
My car key is zip tied to a bolt snap that ends up in a suit pocket.

Other rituals? None that I know of, though I may possess a few atavistic ticks I don't know about.

I leave them in the ignition. You'd have to see my car to understand :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom