Pre-dive rituals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we put ours in the gas door. original, huh?

Nice, Darcy. patent that?

The night before:
Get all gear together in one place.
Check to be sure it's all there.
Once it's all there, hide two things I'll need on the next days dives.

Drink rum

"Come to" on the boat just before reaching the first site.

Drink rum

Scramble to find all my gear and curse loudly about not having two important things I was going to dive with.
Get the gear on while cursing the missing items

Drink rum

"Toss" into my mask. It's better than spit and lasts longer too.

Drink rum to get the taste out of my mouth

Forget to turn on my air until I am 8-10' under water

Burning some incense to Chango and chanting some unintelligable stuff never hurts.

A Patent? Doesn't everybody dive with rocks in their BC? Man, I am getting old. Prehistoric even. I put my keys in Mat's truck or on top of the rear tire of my car. (Let the thieves try to guess which one, HA HA!)

Nothing fancy... just sacrifice a few chickens to the weather gods a day or two before the trip...
Rick

SuPrBuGmAn:
I leave them in the ignition. You'd have to see my car to understand :wink:

I agree, no one would come within 20' of the Bronco of Doom. Even the snakes stay away. Work vans are different.

I left a spare key to my truck at the bottom of the Madison quarry!

This has happened on the last few dives.

Assemble gear, put weights in, remember that bailout bottle is empty, take regs off, fill bailout bottle, reattach regs, get fins mask gloves and computer out, put on gear, take off gear help dive buddy with "emergency problem occuring with gear assembly" put gear on, get in the water, get out of water with buddy to go solve dive gear related problem, get back in water, let air out and sink.

Pick one of the following:

Scene 1
Buddy has problem with equalizing ears, resurface, help buddy back to shore.

Scene 2
Buddy's computer is dead no depth guage, resurface, help buddy back to shore.

Scene 3
Buddy gets winded and cannot catch breath, resurface, help buddy back to shore.

Finish:
Go back in the water alone with buddy back on shore safe, do dive, and finally think to myself "This is what I should have been doing from the start." but then I think "boy if my buddy could be here she would have a great time on this dive"

Sounds like your dive buddy is holding you back...time for a new dive buddy!

Looks like one way or another there is a "mismatch" between you and your buddy... and either you want to keep on diving with her, and/or she'd like to keep on diving with you, and together you have to find a "way of diving" which keeps both of you happy and at easy... or both of you do have to find some other "matching" buddy...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom