Post Your Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMG_07512.JPG

I came down last Friday and was greeted by beautiful weather and calm seas, splashed over to find the viz. only about 6 feet. Dove 39 minutes and found 1 whale tooth, getting a little discouraged I started moving around and found a real nice meg. a few minutes later. I slowed down and found the 4-3/4 mag. that was near perfect. As i was admiring it, I glanced to my right 2 feet from where it was laying and saw another perfect 3 inch tooth laying there. I looked that area over and found 6 more decent megs and a few broken ones. Around three, the seas kicked up and I headed for thr ramp.

Saturday I was diving alone so my goal was to hit as many different areas as possible. Started south of the peir and and worked my way north. I found small teeth but nothing to brag about. Seas kicked up again around four so I called it a day.

Sunday we were going home so I wanted to dive two tanks early and prepare for the drive home. Splashed around 7:45 in the area I did real well on Friday. As soon as I hit bottom there was a nice 3" meg looking into my soul. I ended up diving only one tank b/c my bottom time was 158 minutes in an very small area. I ended up with 13 full megs and a pile a broken ones. Some of the broken ones were up to 5-1/2 inches long. Heart breaker for sure.

I had an excellent time and I can't wait to do it again.

Last edited:
Very nice, I ll post pics of the ones we got today as soon as i can figure out how lol. This one round thing which i think is a ear bone but not sure has me curious. Its all soaking right now.

Lets see if this works Here is what we got today.

Attachments

• shells 005.jpg
    shells 005.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 86
  • shells 012.jpg
    shells 012.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 104
I was actually diving out of my boat. Sorry for not making that clear. I found two real nice makos with one being 2-1/2 inches, two whale teeth, two pices of ivory, some nice tiger and hemi teeth as well. A great variety.

I was actually diving out of my boat. Sorry for not making that clear. I found two real nice makos with one being 2-1/2 inches, two whale teeth, two pices of ivory, some nice tiger and hemi teeth as well. A great variety.

Wow! Great finds!

Hubby and I are boat diving Venice on Sunday...would love to know where you were diving at...if its not a closely guarded secret :wink:

Lets see if this works Here is what we got today.
Nice megs sister. Way to go. The megs is Beautiful. Love the leaverite!!!

you did awesome congrats very impressive for sure:worship:

IMG_07512.JPG

I came down last Friday and was greeted by beautiful weather and calm seas, splashed over to find the viz. only about 6 feet. Dove 39 minutes and found 1 whale tooth, getting a little discouraged I started moving around and found a real nice meg. a few minutes later. I slowed down and found the 4-3/4 mag. that was near perfect. As i was admiring it, I glanced to my right 2 feet from where it was laying and saw another perfect 3 inch tooth laying there. I looked that area over and found 6 more decent megs and a few broken ones. Around three, the seas kicked up and I headed for thr ramp.

Saturday I was diving alone so my goal was to hit as many different areas as possible. Started south of the peir and and worked my way north. I found small teeth but nothing to brag about. Seas kicked up again around four so I called it a day.

Sunday we were going home so I wanted to dive two tanks early and prepare for the drive home. Splashed around 7:45 in the area I did real well on Friday. As soon as I hit bottom there was a nice 3" meg looking into my soul. I ended up diving only one tank b/c my bottom time was 158 minutes in an very small area. I ended up with 13 full megs and a pile a broken ones. Some of the broken ones were up to 5-1/2 inches long. Heart breaker for sure.

I had an excellent time and I can't wait to do it again.

Wow! Great finds!

Hubby and I are boat diving Venice on Sunday...would love to know where you were diving at...if its not a closely guarded secret :wink:

Sorry I didn't get back with you. Although the exact numbers are a secret, I will give you the gereral area. Once you come out of the inlet, go south until you see three condos. One is a rectangle, the other two are square. Go strait out from them and dive in 28 feet. It took me 7 tanks over three days to find this spot. After that everything that was in the picture was found with two tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom