Post Your Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These were from our trip today. The big one even has a piece of coral about the size of a dime on it so it has been on the surface a long time. I'll be interested to see how it cleans up.

Attachments

• August 2nd trip1.jpg
    August 2nd trip1.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 93
  • August 2nd trip2.jpg
    August 2nd trip2.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 90
Here are some pics from my dives in Venice with Florida West Scuba ,as well as, Capt. Jamie and the Aristakat. The first meg in the second pic is about 4.5" and the one in my hand is 3".

Some first day finds.jpg Nick's Finds.jpg 3 meg after.jpgMore finds.jpg

I'm reposting these pics in this thread as they my get more views. The pics are of a 2.5" mako tooth that appears to be made into an arrowhead. I found it with Florida West Scuba and Capt. Steve told me it is only the second one he has ever seen. Please let me know what you guys/gals think.

mako arrowhead before.jpg mako arrowhead after.jpg mako arrowhead after 2.jpg

It's hard to say, but it looks like the broken areas on the root are more recently made. if it were an authentic arrowhead, the missing area's on the tooth would most likely be worn and have some evidence carving. it looks like the broken area's just coincidentally make the tooth look like the shape of an arrowhead. however, I could be wrong.

I would have to agree with sharkboy1515, I studied it hard and it is close but I going to say just coincidental. Now there are arrowheads and artifact that have been found off of venice as well as gold and silver coins. Its great that we are keeping our eyes open to this. Thanks so much for sharing your finds with us.

My uneducated guess would be the root just happens to be broken that way. If you think about it, if it were used as arrowhead it would have to be broken in a way that you could secure to a shaft, meaning there would have to be a notch of some sort. The way it looks now you couldn't really tie it off securely to make an arrow out of it. I could be wrong. Nice find though.

I have found pure white fresh teeth on the beach before (kind of scary). It looks like a bull shark tooth.. which is even scarier. I would not want one of those swimming around with me on a fossil dive.

have any of you seen these teeth before second one like this in a month , half fossilized really cool tooth:D
I would like to see them in a month or so! Got me wondering............

Here's yesterdays trip all cleaned up. It's not the best trip but the 3" meg was in really good shape and the Mako (I think that's what it is.) was also in great shape and one of the biggest I have ever found. Sorry but my phone does not take great pics.

Attachments

• August 10th trip1.jpg
    August 10th trip1.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 74
  • August 10th trip.jpg
    August 10th trip.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 68
  • August 10th trip2.jpg
    August 10th trip2.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 66
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/