Post Your Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! I am excited about what I could find!

I'm hoping weather holds out for Sunday, and that I can talk my wife into going to Venice Beach with me for my first Venice Beach shore dive (I dive, she sits and watches me).

Any suggestions on where to park? Where to enter the water? Which direction to head for the best areas? (I PMed Fossilbabe about this earlier).
Can't believe I've lived in Ft Myers for 9 months and haven't made it to Venice yet. It's almost shameful! :wink:

I'm hoping weather holds out for Sunday, and that I can talk my wife into going to Venice Beach with me for my first Venice Beach shore dive (I dive, she sits and watches me).

Any suggestions on where to park? Where to enter the water? Which direction to head for the best areas? (I PMed Fossilbabe about this earlier).
Can't believe I've lived in Ft Myers for 9 months and haven't made it to Venice yet. It's almost shameful! :wink:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ve...2466-reefguys-venice-fossil-diving-guide.html

Heya FossillBabe just called me about you. Her internet is down so she asked that I post to you. Check out this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ve...9-insider-info-directions-venice-beaches.html

If you got to Alahambra, go to the beach, look away from water, to your right will be condos, carry your eyes to the left and you will find three very tall palms in a row, head straight out from there just past the buoy!!!! Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Good Luck & be sure to post a viz report when ya get back.:)

We did the Hammerhead last week and the water was 83 at 28 feet, 5-10 foot visibility and after two 90 minute dives got the following:

Attachments

• sharks teet v beach 6 2009 002.jpg
    sharks teet v beach 6 2009 002.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 160
Got this with FL West 6/7/09
The 1/2 tooth is 5 5/8"

Attachments

• teeth060709.jpg
    teeth060709.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 165
Odds of this happening is rare but when it does its a story in its self. You might want to contact I think its krawdaddy he found a tooth that size as well while on the artistakat, a couple weekends back. I would love to see that you both have both halves. Wouldnt that be exciting.

Odds of this happening is rare but when it does its a story in its self. You might want to contact I think its krawdaddy he found a tooth that size as well while on the artistakat, a couple weekends back. I would love to see that you both have both halves. Wouldnt that be exciting.

That would be pretty remarkable - never heard of such a thing, but then again, I think one of the SBrs found the mate to the fin I found (I know, not the same). Might lead to some interesting negotiations if one person wanted the other half bad enough...

Like those split pendants that two people wear - might hurt your neck though!
I guess that would make you BFFs then? :D

Cool find.

It is rare but does happen. Oh what a story that would be huh. When it does you just never forget it. I can see those two getting together and asking ok is yours a left or right half? By the way are you coming to the meet and greet here? Check the forum.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom