Post Your Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some interesting finds on S. Brohard Friday.

Attachments

• manatee1.jpg
    manatee1.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 114
  • manatee.jpg
    manatee.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 92
  • goliath.jpg
    goliath.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 127
  • goliath1.jpg
    goliath1.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 147
  • cucumber.jpg
    cucumber.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 98
  • fish1.jpg
    fish1.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 106
S. Brohard Blocks, there are about 100 6' square blocks placed just offshore of S. Brohard Beach, maybe 10 -12ft. deep. They were covered in bait plus tons of other fish feeding, snook, red and gag grouper, snapper and the ever present sheephead.

Hey all.

Here is a photo of my latest - and final finds.

Out with CAPT Jamie and Aristakat Sat and Sun - The best is a nice 3-1/2 inch meg - not much serration left - but has a nice brown bourlette and the root is a mix of black and brown.

Three other megs - one nice small cheek, what I think is a hubble, and another small meg.

Three very nice makos one of which has a great brown-top. The hemi is a little broken on the roots and one last tiger shark tooth.

Then there's the whale tooth - the second nice one I have found - nearly 4 inches.

Overall I have had a great run - a perfect 4 inch meg the first time I went out with Jamie - add to that several perfect smaller megs - and a bunch of less-than perfect keepers - and lots of frags that I have sent to nieces and nephews.

Good luck to all the other 'hunters' - I am sure you will find many many more :)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 172
Not sure if its a hubble or not but it is close. Great finds!!!!!!!!! I'm sure going to miss you. My pictures coming soon. Just got back online with cable problems so pictures will be the posted in the next day or so.

I was able to finally make it down for a long weekend. I dove many different new areas and finally found a honey hole. I found many excellent teeth and currently I am trying to learn how to down load pictures.

Here are a few shark teeth that items that were found while diving off the ARISTAKATStill working on the rest of them. Trying to use the old vinegar up and I'm to cheap to buy fresh stuff. :rofl3:
The things found were lots of Megs,Small shark teeth, Mammoth tooth,Marlin Bill. These were just some of the fun things I found this weekend. I want to thank DM Jim for saving the mammoth tooth which I drop getting on the boat. When I got on the boat, Capt Jamie had to calm me down because I had said a few choice words.:shakehead: I have never dropped a fossil and lost one!!! Capt Jamie assured me that Jim would find it for me. I was really upset!! I had in my mind if I found one today I was going to donate it to Dkramer for the Neil Armstong school. After talking with her about he school the night before at the meet and greet. She said the kids will love it. So as soon as school starts Niel Armstong should have a very nice fossil collection. :). I dont know if she knows it but I help rebuild that school after Hurricane Charlie hit it as well.

The marlin bill is really something cool to find and I wanted everyone to get to see it. Its not something that is common found out there. So if you see one pick it up. They are hard to find.

The last pictures are of a meg that was found with side cuspid. This is something that is also not common for our area. I kicked myself when I got home because I was a little rough with my shark teeth and broke one off. After looking at my broken shark teeth (yes that means more than one) I will come up with something better to store my teeth in so I dont break them. Thinking of a old tackle box might do the trick. Teeth can be placed in the box instead of dropping them in the dive bag. Lesson learned.

Attachments

• PICT0134.jpg
    PICT0134.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 123
  • PICT0136.jpg
    PICT0136.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 104
  • PICT0137.jpg
    PICT0137.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 107
  • PICT0138.jpg
    PICT0138.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 103
  • PICT0139.jpg
    PICT0139.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 105
I dont know if she knows it but I help rebuild that school after Hurricane Charlie hit it as well. QUOTE]

Wow!! I didn't know that!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom