Poseidon Service Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paul19may

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Has anyone found/ know of a good source for Poseidon service kits for Jetstream (I think it is called 'Odin' over here) and Cyklon 300 somewhat local to Austin? (Principally the first stage seats, if anyone has any of those lying around their house.) I understand that the Poseidon distributor is changing/ has changed or somesuch, and for some time now it seems as if the service kits are as rare as the proverbial rocking-horse dung. I have several of these regs just collecting dust at the moment which is not what they should be doing.

Many thanks in advance for any help. Best. P

PM sent

Poseidon has set up Waterproof as the new US distributor. I was told at DEMA that existing Waterproof dealers would be able to pick up the Poseidon line without much trouble. I would suggest contacting a Waterproof dealer, and ask them.

2 Poseidon dealers in Houston, Oceanic Ventures has kits going back to the Metric 300, and Kickady Scuba is also a dealer.

Thanks to all for the responses, there's quite a few stores to check availability with, that should keep me busy for a while. Best P

Paul-
Really like your Avator. I’m a Brit ex-pat raised here in the states and there are a ton of Brits in Texas.

Ok, we have been through about 4 major import dealer changes in the last 7 years.
The changes, pricing changes, sales demands and other issues resulted in a lot of people letting go of the product line in a highly competitive market.

I used to use the Cyklon and the 3750 1st stages which were a dream. Sold all three of my sets last year.
Best thing I can recommend is getting hold of a manual and know your own parts.

Jet streams are still very popular. In fact Diverite incorporated them into one of their regulators this last year.
Link- SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - Jetstream Regulator
This is a possible option.

Another thing I did was use the Cyklon 2nd stage on other manufactures 1st stages. This provided me access to all sorts of options.
(For anyone wanting to comment- yes you better know your IM pressure of your 1st stage.)

Poseidon Manual can be found here- http://www.atlantisdiveclub.com/mainmovies/Documentatie/manuals/Poseidon/PDF/manual.pdf

If you go to Poseidon’s web page POSEIDON - The Ultimate Dive and select US, you can select Texas and anyone of the 17 dealers.
USA link- WORLD WIDE

Off the record- you can attend dive stores workshops on regulator maintenance and become certified.
However, there are more restrictions to attending one of these seminars than I would like to express.
When you find a shop you like and start doing business with them- that’s the time to ask.

Also when traveling take extra overhaul kits and you can get an adapter to convert Cyklon second stage connection to standard 3/8-24 fitting.
I would not recommend it all the time- but if you break the rocking horse in Cozumel you will be screaming “oh shining light.”
Been there- blown the 1st stage o-ring and had to come up with a solution.

Good luck and if I can help drop me a PM.

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom