WANTED: Poseidon Cyklon and Jetstream service tools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fibonacci

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Currently chasing Poseidon Cyklon, Jetstream or XStream first and second stage service tools.
I've stripped down and cleaned my metal bodied Cyklon and its in surprisingly good condition, certainly worth rebuilding...
Also a LP hose to suit an early Cyklon 300 (without integral OP valve) if anyone has one cluttering up their spares box?

Ah OK thanks... still feeling my way along in Poseidon!
My Cyklon 300 is just a cheap practice reg (plus for interest as they were THE premium reg back when I first started diving) but I like the quality of the all metal second stage.
My intent is to find or make up a Cyklon reg set based on a 3960 first stage and a Jetstream reg set based on a XStream first stage to see which one I prefer.

Being curious about Posiedon, I bought used Cyklon/Jetstream/Xstream second stages a couple years ago.
Going into it, I expected the Xstream to be my favorite and it is nice enough to get used from time to time. But the Cyklon has become one of my favorite second stages.

I get by servicing the second stages without buying brand specific tools, and homemade punched Cyklon lp seats have been performing equal to OEM version. For the Cyklon, a straight omniswivel adapter is cheaper than buying a new hose and then we are good to go with any standard lp hose.

Maybe scuba clinic tools. I just ordered some of their tools for xstream first stage. Much cheaper than the OEM tools.

I would also recommend Silent Explorers, out of Minnesota, for Poseidon name-brand tools, at far more reasonable prices than the current US distributor:

For the torque wrench that they typically use, it is the Hazet 6391-35 15-35Nm Square Torque Wrench, which can be had, at LexCorp for a reasonable price:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom