Poseidon Multi-Tool Review . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigbella

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have always had an issue with follow-through with gift cards / certificates, but recently had a chance to splurge on a pricey little tool (at US 82.50) with "funny money," since men have been unable to resist the lure of shiny new tools for over a hundred thousand years.

This is a product of Scuba Tools, described as the "Poseidon Cyklon and Jetstream Assembly Tool," whose threaded rod replaces a standard Poseidon drift, for the assembly of a Cyklon second stage valve, which otherwise requires a bit of coordination, during the installation of the spring, kept under tension; the valve piston, clip and control arm.

I had a considerably cheaper threaded tool, that did much the same, from a Swiss dealer: In The Weeds with the Cyklon . . .

The Scuba Tool’s tiered base, though, additionally allows for setting the proper height of the Jetstream diaphragm cam.

More importantly, this 100 gram, three-in-one tool solves my single most hated task of scuba repair and maintenance -- the repair or replacement of the switch of the Jetstream second stage, which is only kept in place by a tiny lock washer, attached to a small post, for the diaphragm cam. The issue had been getting the dinky washer to seat as tightly as possible; otherwise the switch, sealed only by a small o-ring on its underside, will eventually leak.

More often than not, I could eventually get the damn thing to seat with the tips of needle-nose pliers but I could clearly understand why the manual explicitly advised, "Don't remove unless damaged!" because they know that its replacement absolutely sucks.

Exclamation marks in manuals, as a rule = not that great.

I recently had such a leak on one of my full face masks, barely noticeable but visible, in the right light, while soaking; and the switch had developed a bit more play than I would have liked. New, they are about as tight as a drum.

The assembly tool did a bang-up job, since its tip is hollow and shaped to accommodate both the switch post and the washer. While it did take a bit of force to accomplish, that switch is now going nowhere fast and is watertight . . .

Attachments

• 3BBD87CB-2D78-44F3-A63B-70DA69E39F9E.jpeg
    3BBD87CB-2D78-44F3-A63B-70DA69E39F9E.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 066C8D89-7D87-4F79-9071-0841A0A26884.jpeg
    066C8D89-7D87-4F79-9071-0841A0A26884.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 05135254-C63E-406F-9C5C-437F7D41C04E.jpeg
    05135254-C63E-406F-9C5C-437F7D41C04E.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 77

Back
Top Bottom