For Sale Poseidon Jetstream XStream second stage service tool 2894A

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fibonacci

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I designed this as a successor to the 2894 OEM service tool (which was essentially just a cut down Jetstream body) long discontinued by Poseidon.

It enables a LP valve housing assembly to be easily pressurised and checked for leaks in a water bath outside the regulator body.
When using a cut down regulator body it can be very difficult to locate any small leaks from the servo valve #2786 any of the o-rings or around the Valve Insert bladder #3440. With this tool you have 360 deg full visibility of the entire assembly under full IP.

Precision CNC machined from 6061 aluminium and clear anodised in a matte finish for durability.
The bore is very finely finished, it will not mar a new o-ring when finally testing a newly rebuilt valve housing assembly.
Supplied with red plastic protective cap.

Fits:
Jetstream 1978 - current
Xstream 2002 - current

Fits older G1/8" Jetstream with round Valve Housing Nut (which won't fit in a more recent cut down reg body)
Hoses with integral OPV or without.
Current OEM 9/16" hose adaptor.
AND of course it fits my own Poseidon to Atomic Comfort Swivel adaptor.

A must for any professional Poseidon tech or keen amateur tinkerer... light weight, rugged and compact for that remote save-a-dive kit!

USA US$35+$13.50=$48.50
EU €33.50+€15.50=€49
UK £29+£13.50=£42.50
Happy to fit up to 4 units in one 500g satchel
PayPal Friends and Family

DM for details... I will reply as soon as possible, but please remember time differences!

Attachments

• Poseidon 2894A Service Tool Overview.jpg
    Poseidon 2894A Service Tool Overview.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Poseidon 2894A Service Tool with Jetstream knurled 9-16 hose adaptor.jpg
    Poseidon 2894A Service Tool with Jetstream knurled 9-16 hose adaptor.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Poseidon 2894A Service Tool with XStream vintage knurled OPV hose.jpg
    Poseidon 2894A Service Tool with XStream vintage knurled OPV hose.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Poseidon 2894A Service Tool with XStream 9-16 hose adaptor.jpg
    Poseidon 2894A Service Tool with XStream 9-16 hose adaptor.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Poseidon 2894A Service Tool with XStream OPV hose.jpg
    Poseidon 2894A Service Tool with XStream OPV hose.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 126
Highly recommended!

I just put it to use during a couple of Jetstream and Xstream rebuilds. I had always used a tool like that to check for watertightness after servicing, as Poseidon had once recommended in its older manuals — a far simpler task to perform and to spot a potential leak with the whole LP valve assembly attached to a hose and pressurized with the outer housing removed.

That and a bucket of water was all that was required: the simplest of visual diagnoses. No bubbles = you're good.

Sturdily designed, from aluminum -- a true keeper in my tool chest; and a clear improvement over my former hacksawed polymer version, salvaged from a toasted Jetstream . . .

Attachments

• EA4B5A2B-0D8A-405C-BA46-8B9C043F2089.jpeg
    EA4B5A2B-0D8A-405C-BA46-8B9C043F2089.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 104
This tool has become my absolute go-to for testing both Jetstream and XStream valves before and after service.
While the old cut-off plastic body was adequate to see servo valve leaks, you could never fully assess the adequacy of the valve insert.

If the insert is subtly deformed from years of too high an IP, you can quickly find tiny leaks. Perhaps more important, you can quickly find a leak from a tiny fold in the sticky insert before it becomes permanent.
20230827_171719.jpg

A quick removal/reinsertion and you've saved yourself some money.

Four stars for this helpful device!

If the insert is subtly deformed from years of too high an IP, you can quickly find tiny leaks. Perhaps more important, you can quickly find a leak from a tiny fold in the sticky insert before it becomes permanent.

I once saw the silicone rubber of one of the valve inserts extruded through those tiny vents like vermicelli, in an old Jetstream pushed far beyond its limits -- thankfully, not one of mine . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom