Portable CO monitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beachnik

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
You've mentioned elsewhere:

"the need for a portable CO monitor for the traveling diver. We have a unit in development so stay tuned."

A lot of people now reading threads here are probably contemplating the purchase of a CO monitor.

Does Analox have any target dates for introduction of a portable CO monitor? Two months away, six months away, six to nine months away??

Dear beachnik,

I believe Analox will provide a portable CO solution within the next 90 days. I will continue to follow this thread as it is an important discussion for diver safety and the dive industry as a whole. I would also urge divers to start a dialog with thier local dive shop regarding CO monitoring of every fill station.

Analox currently has the COClear compressor monitor available and ready to ship. I've attached a technical data sheet. Feel free to take this to the dive shop where you get your fills. This is a good opportunity for divers to drive a revolution in diver safety.

Attachments

• CO Clear Datasheet USA.pdf
    355.8 KB · Views: 215
Great looking forward to reading about it and seeing it.

I was on the verge of buying a product to take on a June trip. I will wait a couple months and see what happens.

Patti

What kind of prices are we looking at for the COClear and for the portable monitor?

Hi awap,

Thanks for your post. The Analox COClear compressor monitor and alarm is available to dive shops for $629.00 USD. The COClear is in stock and ready to ship. The portable unit should having pricing within the next 90 days.

Hi awap,

Thanks for your post. The Analox COClear compressor monitor and alarm is available to dive shops for $629.00 USD. The COClear is in stock and ready to ship. The portable unit should having pricing within the next 90 days.

Based on some previous discussions, that would put the cost for a gas provider to protect all of its customers at about 2 or 3 times what it would cost each customer to protect themselves. Interesting.

Thanks

Getting OT here.

Awap, you are correct but for many shops the compressor is one of the most expensive pieces of capital equipment (swimming pool aside). And at the same time one of the best loss leaders. Shops do not make money from selling air. Of course this is a generality but my point is that after spending all that capital and not seeing much of a return adding something like the CO Clear no matter how prudent is probably not on the fore front.

That said only one accident followed by a lawsuit will make it seem like a drop in the bucket. But that is what insurance is for and where insurance comes in. However, insurance companies can do things like require certain safety equipment to be maintained by a shop as part of their policy. Just like OSHA requires certain safety procedures be followed.

Back OT. Cost wise $150 is what I recently paid for a CO tester. That was without span gas that is needed for calibration which should be done on a regular basis ~6 months).

This has been a pet peeve of mine for some time, increasingly so, and the more I learn - the more I care. I have a Pocket CO to use so this is not something I need as I can make my old work with its weak points, but I still want the new Analox model!
The portable unit should having pricing within the next 90 days.
:confused: I'm confused. Typo or me? I do confuse easily.
Based on some previous discussions, that would put the cost for a gas provider to protect all of its customers at about 2 or 3 times what it would cost each customer to protect themselves. Interesting.

Thanks
I see it differently...
Yeah, the Ops should be operating inline CO monitors and we should be giving them hell for not doing so!

I still want my own to check their work, and I will!​
I'm still amazed at how many check their Nitrox and how many carry their own Nitrox analyzers because Padi told them they should check their own tanks vs how few check or own analyzers for CO - uh, because Padi didn't tell them too maybe...? :silly:

I am really happy that Analox is coming to the plate here...! :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom