Portable CO monitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice but you cannot fly the bump gas can you? I wouldn't want to take it on a boat either.

Nice but you cannot fly the bump gas can you? I wouldn't want to take it on a boat either.

The majority of my diving is local shore or boat diving where I take my own tanks. If I'm traveling I'll just bump it before leaving and leave the bump gas at home. Plus it looks good :cool2:

Yes the 'new and improved' bump gas at 10 ppm CO/balance air can be flown checked baggage since the pressure is < 25 psig and the volume of the can is small.

I think if you look back in this thread Patti confirmed this.

Yes the 'new and improved' bump gas at 10 ppm CO/balance air can be flown checked baggage since the pressure is < 25 psig and the volume of the can is small.

I think if you look back in this thread Patti confirmed this.
Ah ha! I forgot, thanks!

Martin is also passionate about ensuring that divers analyse their gas before any dive, and following the death of a close friend through carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning whilst diving, he now presents regularly to divers about the importance of gas analysis and the added dangers of carbon monoxide.

As well as presenting regularly at dive centres and dive events, Martin is giving two presentations on behalf of Analox at DEMA 2011. DEMA 2011 is at the Orange County Convention Centre (North Hall) in Orlando, Florida from November 2nd to 5th, 2011.

Martin Robson helps to raise awareness of the dangers of not analysing gas prior to a dive. | Analox Blog

Would this unit be similar to the Dräger Pac® 5500 in cost? I use one at work and would not be able to afford a portable of similar cost.

Would this unit be similar to the Dräger Pac® 5500 in cost? I use one at work and would not be able to afford a portable of similar cost.
I don't know what those cost but the Analox EIICO Carbon Monoxide Analyzer is only $325 from several dealers.

Martin is also passionate about ensuring that divers analyse their gas before any dive, and following the death of a close friend through carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning whilst diving, he now presents regularly to divers about the importance of gas analysis and the added dangers of carbon monoxide.

As well as presenting regularly at dive centres and dive events, Martin is giving two presentations on behalf of Analox at DEMA 2011. DEMA 2011 is at the Orange County Convention Centre (North Hall) in Orlando, Florida from November 2nd to 5th, 2011.

Martin Robson helps to raise awareness of the dangers of not analysing gas prior to a dive. | Analox Blog

Ah, Many thanks for reposting our bog post about Martin Robson speaking at DEMA 2011. Here's his schedule and room assignments for anyone attending this year.
You guys are the best!
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
You Are What You Breathe - The Importance of Gas Analysis in Scuba Diving Analox Sensor Technology N320C 10:00am-11:00am
or
Thursday, November 3, 2011
You Are What You Breathe - The Importance of Gas Analysis in Scuba Diving Analox Sensor Technology N320C 3:00pm-4:00pm

Hi Patti et al.,
thanks for the info.

Would there be any chance to have the presentations from Martin, or at least an extract of it. Being in Europe, I'll not be able to attend the DEMA....
I am introducing such subject in the training of our students, and I prepared some presentations myself, but it would be indeed useful to integrate them with something from a professional.
Now I can also do a demonstration with my EIICO :D, also to show that we are not only talking... :wink:

Many thanks !

I understand Analox is equiping regional service offices so that they can calibrate EIICO's and remove the cost and hassle of calibration for private buyers. Has this been put in place yet? If so where is it available? Cost..?

Im in Indonesia but travel extensively throughout SE Asia so could probably find an urgent business meeting to get to elsewhere around calibration time...:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom