Portable CO monitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you don't already have such an adapter, they are available at Tech Dive Limited.
That is where I found mine. :D

http://www.techdivinglimited.com/
It is listed as "BC Connector For Gas Analysis" under the "Analyzer Accessories" tab.

I'm not sure I understand how I'd use one of those. The description for that thing includes "Attach to a piece of tubing and connect to the BC hose."

If you've used one, can you expand on that a little, please? One hand holds the EII CO, the other holds the tubing up to the EII CO sampling dome, and a third hand presses the BC inflator button? I think I'm missing something. :depressed:
No, that's for a different brand Suprane uses: ToxiRAE 3. I wonder if it could be used without the hose? Just crack the tank barely, hold the unit close, maybe with some padding around the intake port for an airtight seal? Surpane got one of those before the Analox unit was invented and was quite helpful in Cozumel. It's still a good choice. The unit and accessories run about $300 complete I think, depending on where and how you buy.

The Analox EII CO doesn't require anything else. Ever used their Nitrox analyzer? Very similar operation: Turn on, set fine tuning on -0- in clean air, hold to cracked tank for a 20 seconds I think. I just started playing with mine some; need to read the manual. You can get it on special from Scubatoys for $280 currently I think. Sweet price.

Calibration once or twice a year is going to be essential with any unit as their similar sensors all can have some drift. Not much, but working in these tiny numbers - some. A cheap home unit you plug in for 5 years, checking the date and replacing backup batteries annually, then replace unit. Every bedroom, classroom, meeting room, etc needs one by the way, but regulations are woefully far behind on that too. Texas has almost no requirements so I bought one for my daughter's classroom. I saw where two elderly guys in Austin died the other night from CO at an apartment. :(

No, that's for a different brand Suprane uses ... The Analox EII CO doesn't require anything else. Ever used their Nitrox analyzer? Very similar operation: Turn on, set fine tuning on -0- in clean air, hold to cracked tank for a 20 seconds I think.

Ah, OK, thanks, Don. I was beginning to suspect the onset of early senility.

I don't own an O2 analyzer (yet), but I have had my EII CO for a couple of months now. I've used it on both my tanks after I got them refilled at my LDS a month ago, and was pleased to see a 0 ppm CO reading on both.

Only thing I don't have figured out yet is what to do if boat exhaust prevents me from getting a clean "zero". I don't have a pressurized can of "zero" air, and even if I did, could I get that can of "pressurized air" past the TSA whiz-kids?

Ah, OK, thanks, Don. I was beginning to suspect the onset of early senility.

I don't own an O2 analyzer (yet), but I have had my EII CO for a couple of months now. I've used it on both my tanks after I got them refilled at my LDS a month ago, and was pleased to see a 0 ppm CO reading on both.

Only thing I don't have figured out yet is what to do if boat exhaust prevents me from getting a clean "zero". I don't have a pressurized can of "zero" air, and even if I did, could I get that can of "pressurized air" past the TSA whiz-kids?
I doubt that you can take the can on a plane. Need to final calibrate in the cleanest air possible and test tanks at the dock. Take name stickers or masking tape to mark your tanks like you see Nitrox divers doing.

Hey Don!

I will receive my Analox CO tester next week and I just learned it will cost me $408 instead of the $379 previously advertised.

Do you think Analox is taking advantage of the situation? :shocked2:

I think I will be looking at the other models already on the industrial market.

Hey Don!
I will receive my Analox CO tester next week and I just learned it will cost me $408 instead of the $379 previously advertised.

Hi Belmont,
I ordered it 3 days ago at Scubatoys for 289$ (thanks SwampDiver ;-). I think it is a leftover of the DEMA show but they should still have some.
It is true that the price at which is sold in Europe (410 eur) is more in line with this new price you are saying...which I find honestly high and it will put off many people.

Hey Don!

What do I think? I think that Analox is wonderful for developing this new product for our needs and it's super. Where did you order it? Analox California had it back ordered for weeks and in US retailing - a manufacturer always has to charge MSRP but many dealers will offer the same item for less. If you ordered from Analox I guess they charged you list price plus shipping and it's good they ship internationally that cheap as dealing with customs is a drag.

Or did you order one yet? Order from Scubatoys.

Or get the Pocket CO 300S. This company also produced a modified product for us, and the Scuba model includes Pelican box, special bag developed just for us, and a small can of calibration gas good for a few semi-annual to annual calibrations all for $200 plus shipping. I have both and prefer the Analox, but like this model a lot too. After reading this winter's news of deaths & injuries in your country & mine in hockey rinks, banquet halls, meeting rooms, etc - I've started wearing the tiny unit discreetly clipped to my shirt at functions. I'm increasingly appalled at how slow our state, province, and national governments are imposing CO safety requirements now that we have affordable technology. But I am getting off here.

This is the Analox forum but get whichever model you want.
Hi Belmont,
I ordered it 3 days ago at Scubatoys for 289$ (thanks SwampDiver ;-). I think it is a leftover of the DEMA show but they should still have some.
It is true that the price at which is sold in Europe (410 eur) is more in line with this new price you are saying...which I find honestly high and it will put off many people.
Haha I demonstrated both of my units to my LDS Friday when I went in to pickup my new camera and serviced regs and mentioned that STs had lowered the price. My theory is that Larry saw that Leisure Pro was also offering it for $300 so he dropped it $20 as he is like that. Tell him where you can get it for the same or less and he becomes the cheapest on whatever. Great place to do business.

Now that I have 2 CO units to compare in the field, new camera, and serviced reg - my daughter wants me to take the kids to Grand Canyon next month. :eyebrow: I'll just take a couple of bedroom monitors with battery backup on that trip to monitor car and room air, but looking forward to a scuba trip ASAP.

Belmont,

Where did you order the EIICO from? If it's coming from my office (and I cover all of North America) you will pay $379.00 plus shipping. Please feel free to contact me directly at 877 723-3247 or via email at patti@analox.net At the end of the day you, as the consumer, always have the option of choosing where and on what you will spend your hard earned money. If there's been an error, I will certainly correct it.

Patti do you take any days off from work? Great company I tell ya, and so is she. :medal:

I just got my EIICO recently and found the perfect case for it. I can fit both the CO and O2 analyzer in a pelican 1200 case with a canister of the bump gas in the middle

IMG_0786.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom