Portable CO monitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meaning, one that would test O2 levels as well as for CO and/or CO2? That would be a big seller, I would think.

Patti:

Just wondering if you have any updates on this?

Hmmm, I guess no updates. Hoping to get an analyzer before a June trip.

Hi JD... We are busy with engineering tests on our new Portable CO. I am hopeful that we will have the finished product in time for your June trip...when in June?

Patti:

Heading out in mid-June...so I'm hopeful. Thanks for responding. I'll keep watching.

Meaning, one that would test O2 levels as well as for CO and/or CO2? That would be a big seller, I would think.

As someone interested in buying their first O2 analyzer, a compact combo unit would be a big selling point for me.

BUT baby steps--just getting people to consider that CO could be a problem is huge.

As someone interested in buying their first O2 analyzer, a compact combo unit would be a big selling point for me.

BUT baby steps--just getting people to consider that CO could be a problem is huge.

People who do trimix tend to have their He analyzer and O2 analyzer connected in line with each other via tubing, and then they just put the devices side-by-side in the same Pelican-type box. It doesn't really add much space.

On the other hand, the portable CO devices available to date seem to all require filling a bag and putting the monitor in it, so perhaps that's not feasible.

On the other hand, the portable CO devices available to date seem to all require filling a bag and putting the monitor in it, so perhaps that's not feasible.

It depends on the unit. I have my CO monitor hooked to a piece of tubing. Or I can just put it in front of the valve.

Hi Everyone,

We are on schedule to have our Portable CO available on Homepage: Analox - Looking after the air you breathe. on June 16th. The Portable CO will permit testing straight from your tank, no bags to inflate. In regard to a dual O2/CO unit, we do have a possible model in development, but as important as this issue is, we thought it better to get a cost effective unit out as quickly as possible that will check CO only as this affects EVERY diver, not just Nitrox divers. Again, you guys have been great. This is an important issue that is not going away any time soon.

i would be intrested in a dual test o2/co unit. as i have none yet. when would a dual system be aval?

Back
Top Bottom