pony bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matt_unique:
That has nothing to do with the use of the pony but the practices of the diver. The same could be said about any other piece of gear such as your 2nd primary on the necklace.

--Matt
So a small leak in the pony that is not detected (because you can't see it) is the fault of the practice of the diver? Could it not just be an inherit flaw in the setup?

mnj1233:
Seriously!! Have you or anyone elese here ever been thru a TRUE FREE-FLOW???
Why does it matter?

mnj1233:
curious I guess just trying to see who Im talking to.
We are typing...

and so you separate people on either Yep or Nope I've been through a free flow? What does this actually tell you?

JeffG:
So a small leak in the pony that is not detected (because you can't see it) is the fault of the practice of the diver? Could it not just be an inherit flaw in the setup?

Definitely a function of diver preparation and safety checks....
If there was a leak *so small* that I could not see it the loss would be negligible over a period of a 40 minute dive. A leak as you are describing would be the same as or smaller than that of say a Sherwood dry bleed system. Definitely not a problem if this leak happened between the time you check your pony system on the surface and the conclusion of the dive. This is all part of the hysteria about anti-pony use.....

--Matt

Have you ever noticed that a good product/service/training sells itself and other products need to be sold by pitchman on late night infomercials.

Sometimes people just need to quit selling and enjoy the product:)

matt_unique:
Definitely a function of diver preparation and safety checks....
If there was a leak *so small* that I could not see it the loss would be negligible over a period of a 40 minute dive. A leak as you are describing would be the same as or smaller than that of say a Sherwood dry bleed system. Definitely not a problem if this leak happened between the time you check your pony system on the surface and the conclusion of the dive. This is all part of the hysteria about anti-pony use.....

--Matt
This argument is eerily close to "its the divers fault he got killed on his CCR" and has nothing to do with the inherit flaws/weakness of the equipment itself.

I not saying your wrong. I do see your point of view, but to me it seems to be a bit of a cop out blaming the diver.

gcbryan:
Have you ever noticed that a good product/service/training sells itself and other products need to be sold by pitchman on late night infomercials.

Sometimes people just need to quit selling and enjoy the product:)

Who is selling something? I've got some SPGs for sale...and a set of turtle fins...and a couple J-valves. In fact, buy an SPG and I'll throw in a J-valve for free!

Soggy:
Who is selling something?
Yea...This is more like guys in a bar saying their team is going to win the Super Bowl.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom