New Tax on diving??

• Yes, New Tax

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • No, New Tax

Votes: 65 95.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So how would this affect visiting out of state boats. How could they be expected to know about a "sticker" or were to get it or that they even need one. No, it is a bad idea.

The money would not go to underwater parks, it would go into the general fund and be wasted like most all of our tax money.

N

Micks, I know just how you feel. I didn't vote for Granholm last election myself. Nemrod, you too are right about the general fund. This seem to be a giant void that only sucks up tax money and spits out poo!

George

I Need To Go Diveing!! It's Like A Drug And I Need A Fix!!!!!!!!!!!

StraitsdiverGeo:
Micks, I know just how you feel. I didn't vote for Granholm last election myself. Nemrod, you too are right about the general fund. This seem to be a giant void that only sucks up tax money and spits out poo!

George

It would be nice if she remembered the rest of the state not just detroit and lansing. Like all the road projects that were dumped all over the state but none in detroit were even slowed down. As far as where the money goes it wont be to support anything that has to do with any form of wildlife. If you follow MUCC and their fight against what she wants you would understand

StraitsdiverGeo,

Where did you find this information out from about a possible tax/user fee? Did the Governor talk about this in the State of the State Address this week? I'm just looking to find some background info on this to be a better informed voter next time around if it comes up on a proposal.

MSU99

caymaniac:
They could charge dive shops a tax, and request that dive shops have permits to sell a sticker to divers. Look at Tobemorey Canada, you can't dive unless you have your Five Fathom tag. If something like that goes through, you can bet Gilboa would be worth looking at for a tax in Ohio.
On the side, UofMich. should've beat Ohio in that last football game, that was trash :mooner:

To be fair, Fathom Five is a National Park, you have to pay to enter any and all National Parks in Canada as far as I am aware. The funds generated go to support the parks services and keeping Fathom Five in good shape, not to pay for pothole repair. I would have no major problem paying a permit fee, like a fishing permit, provided the funds supported the lakes.

superstar:
caymaniac, I am a union worker and I blame management. After all, I work for them not the union. Do you have any idea how much the insurance costs add up into the labor package, My company can go to China and buy a total labor package for less than what insurance costs here. Insurance is now the #1 cost, it use to be the steel. 20 years ago I worked in marinas and the Doctors had the best boats, Now the doctors boats are garbage scows compared to the yachts the insurance guys own.

No it's not the insurance guys, but the unreasonable health care the unions have demanded over the years. As an agent selling individual policies I can't tell you how many times a union memmber has called, upset with how much they are charged for insurance. I tell them I have a $1000 annual deductible minimum, 80/20, no copays, and for a family of 4 you are looking at $600/mo, and all of a sudden that $50/week looks good to them. They are clueless as to what is going on in the real world.

TheHobster:
No it's not the insurance guys, but the unreasonable health care the unions have demanded over the years. As an agent selling individual policies I can't tell you how many times a union memmber has called, upset with how much they are charged for insurance. I tell them I have a $1000 annual deductible minimum, 80/20, no copays, and for a family of 4 you are looking at $600/mo, and all of a sudden that $50/week looks good to them. They are clueless as to what is going on in the real world.
Add copays to that and this is very close to what the insurance package I have is. What the average joe worker does not understand is that the insurance is part of their labor package and not free money. If they saw a line item deduction on their pay check of $6.00 per hour they might start realising how much it really costs. I always hear joe worker say "It doesn't mater how much insurance cost because the company has to pay for it". If they only had a clue!
Being a union worker and seeing the outreagous bonuses that the top ceo's are cranking out to themselves, can you blame us for fighting for all we can get.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom