New Tax on diving??

• Yes, New Tax

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • No, New Tax

Votes: 65 95.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great Responses everyone!

I personally I don’t care for our governor. This person has not delivered on her word. I don't care that she's Canadian or a woman or what ever. The one thing Jennifer is, is not a good Governor and not good for Michigan.

The scuttlebutt about new taxes and user fees on scuba diving in the Great Lakes is crap as well and will only cause harm to our State and the Great Lakes region. I feel the Great Lakes are here for all to enjoy freely. No restrictions and no new taxes!

I know it's is important to get out and protect those things we all care about, when taxes are spent well I have no problem with them. I understand the importance of taxes to take care of Roads, Schools and such. But it gotten out of hand.

Money is not spent wisely and poorly managed. It's spent on goofy projects all the time and has become this big white noise that we just can't see passed any longer. No wonder no one want to play a part in what they see as a lost cause.

Well I'm not giving up! I do have things to fight for and I believe in. Some day I hope to leave my children a better world than I have now. And I know it has to start here with me first. And I hope I see more people like you that care as well that are willing to fight along side and say,
NO MORE!

Sorry, I just don't understand why it has to be so complicated. And I'm not so sure I want to.

Regards, George

P.S. Spring is only 5 weeks away. :)

I just heard on the radio that Grandhome is going to impose a 2 cent a dollar tax on all services (hairsalon, restaurant, repair shop, etc...)... But get this, they are going to EXEMPT health care providers (already hit by her 6 cent a dollar tax.....). Well they exempted doctors finally, but still hit hospitals...

How's that going to fly??

shoredivr:
HI, Camaniac: so all Mich. business troubles are due to the Canadian born governor, not Big Labor/Big Business Unions...?!!!
Edit..sorrry, can't help myself...
I'm a micro business owner.

I am a micro business owner too. I guess I'm ripping on Jennifer Grand-mole abit, it really does have to do with Big Biz and Unions.

shoredivr:
I just Googled MEA and got Middle East Airlines ??? Can't be right.

MEA = is the "Mich. Educators Assoc."
Just think about this logically. You give tax credits to those that send their children to private schools. You would downsize public education. You would eliminate having the normal guy like me to pay for teachers; pension, health ins., dental ins., life ins.. It would eliminate tenure. It would cause competition in the private sector. Even at a conservative estimate, it currently cost $9000 to 12000 to send a child to public school, it cost between $6000 & $7000 at a private school. Think of all the up-keep on school buildings that would be eliminated; the electric bills, heat bills, telephone systems, ect. Where are we better for having a MEA with a union that lobbies to keep all us tax payers paying more and more tax, preserving their jobs.

superstar:
caymaniac, I am a union worker and I blame management. After all, I work for them not the union. Do you have any idea how much the insurance costs add up into the labor package, My company can go to China and buy a total labor package for less than what insurance costs here. Insurance is now the #1 cost, it use to be the steel. 20 years ago I worked in marinas and the Doctors had the best boats, Now the doctors boats are garbage scows compared to the yachts the insurance guys own.

I am the insurance (health) guy. :11: I make less than a public school teacher. I think it's a crime what insurance costs companies. I blame it on the drug companies. We had Phyizer in our town until recently. The average guy at the plant made 70K and all the college educated eng. are making well into six figures...at whose expense? The general population, you and me. And people wonder why Ins. costs, this in my mind is numero uno!

Plester3:
Response To caymaniac Post,

What has Being Canadian got to do with it? I'm Canadian and I'm not for taxes! Her being Liberal is another thing, Liberal policies tend to be similar Whether you're Canadian or American. I understand that u don't like Liberal policies, there are people up here that don't like Liberals as well u know, thats why our current Government is Conservative. Anyway Whatever your political Leanings don't be insulting peoples nationality, Being Patriotic for Your country is something i should think u would understand......
Anyway, I'm not trying to pick a Fight, on the most Part I like most of the Americans I've met, so please Judge People on their individual Merrits and not by What Region of Rock they occupy, Thank You!

Being Canadian has nothing to do with anything, I apologize if you took it that way. I have plenty of Canadian friends, you got it right about her Liberal policies. If I had to choose another country to be from it would be Cananda.

I'm really peeved about Granholm winning another term, I know it's over and a done deal but.. hasldkjf;alskdjfw;lkej;flaksdfj

Our economy has been in the $h1th0l3 for a long time now, now is not the best time to try imposing taxes on some little things that we can enjoy in life.

micks:
I'm really peeved about Granholm winning another term, I know it's over and a done deal but.. hasldkjf;alskdjfw;lkej;flaksdfj

Our economy has been in the $h1th0l3 for a long time now, now is not the best time to try imposing taxes on some little things that we can enjoy in life.

She's not that bad. I mean, we do have all of that wonderful trash piling up in our state from her home country. :wink:

As an Ohio State Student who looks for a chance to pick on M!ch!g@n whenever I get the chance. I've gotta ask, doesn't your state already send all the OW classes to Ohio Quarries to silt them out for us?

Actually in all seriousness now, how can they regulate great lake diving. After all Michigan isn't the only state to border the Great Lakes.

brutus_scuba:
As an Ohio State Student who looks for a chance to pick on M!ch!g@n whenever I get the chance. I've gotta ask, doesn't your state already send all the OW classes to Ohio Quarries to silt them out for us?

Actually in all seriousness now, how can they regulate great lake diving. After all Michigan isn't the only state to border the Great Lakes.

They could charge dive shops a tax, and request that dive shops have permits to sell a sticker to divers. Look at Tobemorey Canada, you can't dive unless you have your Five Fathom tag. If something like that goes through, you can bet Gilboa would be worth looking at for a tax in Ohio.
On the side, UofMich. should've beat Ohio in that last football game, that was trash :mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom