please tell me your fav bc & why

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that the moderators change the title of this thread to "What's your favourite vintage BC."

I have no problem with vintage scuba gear collectors. I have a concern about a new diver reading this thread and considering many of these gear choices a viable alternative.

We know that your BC is nice too.

Far from it. I like to see the old stuff - it reminds me just how far the sport has evolved. The true pioneers of this sport were truly brave individuals.

I just don't want someone new to the sport (as we all were at one point) reading this thread whilst doing research for a BC purchase, and attempting to walk into his LDS to buy something like what you've been discussing.

There is a lot of good information on this board, and the value of that information comes from proper labeling. I simply think a better label for this thread would be "What vintage BC do you think was best."

Boogie711 once bubbled...
I simply think a better label for this thread would be "What vintage BC do you think was best."

Slightly unfair given there are mentions of Zeagle, Mares and Buddy BCs, all of which are modern, available in shops and sold in large numbers.

Yea Boogie711,
I'm sure your BC is Neat-O too...

ew1usnr, I think Boogie711 is envious. I think he made a Freudian Slip and really LIKES the idea of that Nautilus rig.

Hey, just MAYBE you'll be able to start an entirely new diving philosophy - D.I.R.W.N. - Doing It Right With Nautilus!

Halcyon Pioneer for single tank dives and Halcyon Explorer for double tanks.

This thread is entitled "please tell me your fav bc & why " and is not restricted to only discussing new BC's.

Therefore, I proudly present my first BC, purchased new in the Fall of 1983. (Tabata later became known as Tabata USA or "TUSA".) At that time the jacket style BC was the latest and greatest. At least as recently as 1980, US Divers was still offering ONLY horse collar BC's. My Tabata jacket served me well through a progression from a steel 72 tank, to an aluminum 80, and on to an aluminum 100, and from open water to cavern certifications. I added a Y-valve to the tank and progressed to basic cave with this BC. Later, as a full caver, I took the tank band off, and hung side mount tanks from the BC's sturdy webbing harness for exploring tight places. This BC has been through the wars, and it's worn and faded fabric speaks of its twenty years of faithful service. Twenty years from now I hope to still be diving with my Tabata.

i used to dive with scuba pro classic, for years, then i tried the Halcyon Pioneer, and i feel i´m finally diving...!
i use it for ow, and want to start diving caves.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom