please tell me your fav bc & why

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! Thanks so much for all the great responses...keep em coming!

I don't want impartial data - I want to know what works for YOU and WHY you like it...everyone is so different and the differences are what make this thread great so far :)

Actually someone did mention Oceanic BCs. ME and at least one other person.

Go back up a little (somewhere in the first 25 posts) and read our comments.

I like this BC because I got it off ebay for ...... FIVE DOLLARS ($5)! Five dollars plus parcel post shipping. You can't beat that deal. The bag holds air and the autoinflator works. What else can I ask for? Even the DIR guys should like it. It's a "Tec" wings style BC. I use it for my Venice Beach fossil sharks tooth dives.

I use a TransPac II and love it, versatile for singles or duals. Very comfortable and streamlined. Optional weight integration and various wing sizes to chose from.

Some of the more observant will notice that this has been cleaned up a bit.

Please try and keep your relies civil.

Thanks
Jonathan

I love the Transpac II. Easy to pack and lightweight for travelling. comfortable underwater as it is a harness and so hugs my torso well. And there are nothing in front to obstruct my arms from moving around. weight pockets and all the other stuffs for you to add on anyway you like. A very flexible and versatile system.

:)

Not a very good way to collect the data. But, I like my Scubapro Sport (I think). It is the first and only BC I have ever bought. I bought it in 1988. I will not buy another until it completely fails, which, based on as much as I dive, will never happen. Oh yes, never say never.

(I'm such a stroke :) )

jplacson once bubbled...
The new Mares/Dacor HUB is getting as much attention as your BC did in it's day.

I've read some of the postings on this board about the HUB. It seems like all you have to do is mention it and some self-appointed DIR guru flies into a frenzy and starts foaming at the mouth. I think that it would be fun to try one out. My only comment is that it does look a bit gaudy (see attached photo).

I got the Nautilus off ebay for $50. They sold new in 1977 for $250. The previous owner used it to dive lakes in Missouri back in 1980. It's in very good condition.

ew1usnr once bubbled...

I've read some of the postings on this board about the HUB. It seems like all you have to do is mention it and some self-appointed DIR guru flies into a frenzy and starts foaming at the mouth. I think that it would be fun to try one out. My only comment is that it does look a bit gaudy (see attached photo).

I got the Nautilus off ebay for $50. They sold new in 1977 for $250. The previous owner used it to dive lakes in Missouri back in 1980. It's in very good condition.

Hey. A couple of Japanese guys came into an LDS that I was browsing around. They saw the Dacor HUB and went ballistic!!! They simply swear by it and within 5 minutes bought 2 pieces of it. Did not even bargain for better price..

:confused:

Naturally, the shop owner was smiling from Ear to ear. (Whew, stock cleared)

Balance: freedom and streamlining, lightweight easy to travel.
Patriot:2 fold down pockets, big 50 lb. bladder... very thing with very good price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom