Please delete my account

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We used to have a local dive forum up here (since morphed into a FB group) that required users to use their real names. I liked it and found it kept things slightly more civil. It also made things interesting when two mortal Internet Enemies met up on a dive boat.

I kinda figure that if I am not willing to be identified with something I post, then I probably shouldn't be posting it. It's the reason my name is on the bottom of every post I make here.

I think most people could probably trace me in real life. I have a much too large internet footprint!

I have received a credible death threat due to my participation on scuba related discussion forums (not on Scubaboard) and I can tell you for a fact that having someone make a credible death threat against you, your wife, and your children... and then citing your address and telephone number....cures you REALLY FAST from posting any kind of traceable detail.

On this site similar things have happened and I can tell you that if someone wants a post removed where "traceable" information has been disclosed, we don't discuss it.

As a result of my experience I would be very much opposed to any policy that requires people to disclose their true identity.

R..

Supposedly there are over 200,000 ScubaBoard members.
is it possible that at least one of them is a true crazy and it's right to be scared of them?
Who know what will set that person off?
Having a little privacy is comforting.

is it possible that at least one of them is a true crazy and it's right to be scared of them?
Be afraid of me for I wield the banhammer! Never know what will set me off. I'm just so volatile that it's crazy. But then, I repete myself. :D

Wanna see toxic?? The responses to these comments should bring out the worst in just about everybody...feel free to go full "Brittany" guys...
1. The scubapro MK25evo is the best first stage ever made...period. If you don't agree, you're stupid and should keep to snorkeling. You're not a real diver anyway.
2. If you don't dive a Backplate and wing, you will die. And you're stupid. And you're ugly.
3. SSI is the only "real" certification agency. If you're not SSI certified, you're stupid. and you smell bad.
4. I don't pee in my wetsuit, if you do...you should change your depends. And you're stupid.
5. Snorkels? Seriously...this is a SCUBA Forum....stupid.
6. Split fins? How cute. Let me know when you want to go to the deep end of the pool....stupid. You probably pee in your wetsuit too. What's that smell?
7. Shrivelnutz divers in Cozumel is the best op on the island, if you don't dive with them you deserve the gringo tax you always get hit with....tu cabesa es no bueno...muy estupido. Keep paying in dollars, the exchange rate is fair and the same everywhere. Yes I made up the name because "the Best Op" threads get scary....fast..... you might even say...toxic!
8. You should feed sharks and other marine life frequently. It supports the life cycle and trains the creatures to live in harmony with divers. If you don't...you're part of the problem...stupid.
9. Touch the reef, it promotes growth and healthy regeneration. If you don't, just stay on the boat....stupid. You should care more about the environment.
10. Dive insurance is a ripoff....if you knew how to dive you wouldn't need it...stupid.
11. The Chairman (the artist formerly known as hair-net-doc) is a power mad satrap and all of y'all are his puppets....stupid puppets. (The glory of that post was I learned what a satrap was)

Flame suit on....bitches. (No offense intended to female canines)

That should offend just about everybody. If I have missed someone, I sincerely apologize. I did skip any comments on tech divers, cave divers, rebreather divers, cave tech rebreather divers, penetration wreck divers, coldwater drysuit divers, trimix divers, ice divers, or sat divers because....you probably couldn't read the comments anyway, you people are kind of scary, and there's no telling what you would do if someone read the comments to you.

Seriously though, its the Internet. I have had responses to my posts that I thought were a little harsh...maybe even overly so... No butt hurt here. In any group there will be disagreements, there will be those who are highly opinionated, there will be those who "troll" to merely stir the pot for their own amusement, and there will always be assholes no matter where you go. I don't find it any worse here than any other place on the internet. I have also seen the "ban hammer" used when a response was absolutely unwarranted.

Nice job guys. Keep up the good work. Y'all have a nice weekend.

Jay

Wanna see toxic?? The responses to these comments should bring out the worst in just about everybody...feel free to go full "Brittany" guys...
1. The scubapro MK25evo is the best first stage ever made...period. If you don't agree, you're stupid and should keep to snorkeling. You're not a real diver anyway.
2. If you don't dive a Backplate and wing, you will die. And you're stupid. And you're ugly.
3. SSI is the only "real" certification agency. If you're not SSI certified, you're stupid. and you smell bad.
4. I don't pee in my wetsuit, if you do...you should change your depends. And you're stupid.
5. Snorkels? Seriously...this is a SCUBA Forum....stupid.
6. Split fins? How cute. Let me know when you want to go to the deep end of the pool....stupid. You probably pee in your wetsuit too. What's that smell?
7. Shrivelnutz divers in Cozumel is the best op on the island, if you don't dive with them you deserve the gringo tax you always get hit with....tu cabesa es no bueno...muy estupido. Keep paying in dollars, the exchange rate is fair and the same everywhere. Yes I made up the name because "the Best Op" threads get scary....fast..... you might even say...toxic!
8. You should feed sharks and other marine life frequently. It supports the life cycle and trains the creatures to live in harmony with divers. If you don't...you're part of the problem...stupid.
9. Touch the reef, it promotes growth and healthy regeneration. If you don't, just stay on the boat....stupid. You should care more about the environment.
10. Dive insurance is a ripoff....if you knew how to dive you wouldn't need it...stupid.
11. The Chairman (the artist formerly known as hair-net-doc) is a power mad satrap and all of y'all are his puppets....stupid puppets. (The glory of that post was I learned what a satrap was)

Flame suit on....bitches. (No offense intended to female canines)

That should offend just about everybody. If I have missed someone, I sincerely apologize. I did skip any comments on tech divers, cave divers, rebreather divers, cave tech rebreather divers, penetration wreck divers, coldwater drysuit divers, trimix divers, ice divers, or sat divers because....you probably couldn't read the comments anyway, you people are kind of scary, and there's no telling what you would do if someone read the comments to you.

Seriously though, its the Internet. I have had responses to my posts that I thought were a little harsh...maybe even overly so... No butt hurt here. In any group there will be disagreements, there will be those who are highly opinionated, there will be those who "troll" to merely stir the pot for their own amusement, and there will always be assholes no matter where you go. I don't find it any worse here than any other place on the internet. I have also seen the "ban hammer" used when a response was absolutely unwarranted.

Nice job guys. Keep up the good work. Y'all have a nice weekend.

Jay
The MK 25? Really? Are you stupid?!

Couldn't the OP just request to change his SB's handle to something meaningless, "Toxic" is appropriate, delete his signature and all identifying information on his page and just move on? I'd think that no one would ever know who he was at all.

Back
Top Bottom