Pinnacle VS Nemo (Custom)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mood

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Guys,

ive got all my gear and now im looking at wetsuits. Im looking to buy Pinnacle, they seem popular in the Diving community. Im also looking at Nemo Custom Wetsuits because i like their designs :D.

The prices are almost equal, but what do you think would be better. Im beginning to lean towards Pinnacle since im expecting it to be longer lasting (better quality?).

Whats the best place to buy Pinnacle wetsuits, i cant seem to find a range of them in ST or LP or PrimeScuba. Im looking for a Black/Red one.

Thanks

I would go with Pinnacles. I don't have any experience with Nemos but I know many many Pinnacle owners (myself included) who love theirs. I have a Pinnacle Semi-Dry and a Pinnacle 5mm and I love them both. The semi-dry has many rough shore dives on it and it still looks like new.

Had my pinnacle since 2003. I have the 7/5mm Polar, and I love it. I think I might look at the Xcel Polar 9mm. Either way each suit has its pros and cons.
California Kelp Diver here
Bobby

Another vote for Pinnacle. I had a 7mm Polar that I dove until I switched to dry (which is another Pinnacle... Evo II).

I have both Pinnacle wet and drysuit... I would say find a LDS that sells Pinnacle and have a visit. Pinnacles website really needs to be updated, their website doesn't have the 2008 models. They have I believe 20 some different sizes for men/womens suits as well as for youths. As for different colors other then Black with some hint of blue/red, there isn't much for colors.

Sorry, I didn't see that you were in Australia... Oceanic Diving Australia in Rosebud sells Pinnacle, however I believe they are called Paragon by Pinnacle. Same manufactures, just a different name. Maybe check them out, if you are even close to Rosebud and get proper fit/size to order on-line for better prices.

I love my Pinnacle and all but I'd go for the custom suit. Something made to fit you perfectly will keep you the warmest. I know nothing about Nemo but a custom suit would be the way to go. I'd pick based on fit and durability than looks.

I love my Pinnacles, they are the first suits, including a couple of custom suits that truly feel like the fit correctly. I have the Seal (3mm Merino) and the EvoII Drysuit. I highly recommend them, and since they have an extensive sizing chart, you most likely will not need a custom, at least I haven't.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom