Buy-once-cry-once suit: Deep6 vs Fourth Element vs Seaskin (or others?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't choke down all the kool-aid in one sitting friend. The suit brand isn't part of GUI, it's the setup. If the GUE staff only dive Faber tanks does that mean they're the only ones that hold air and can be trimmed out? Do they all drive the same car? Method and manufacturer are two separate entities.
I've been diving DIR longer than you. There was no kool-aid. If you don't understand why they all dive DUI and SANTI and the occasional old BARE trilam, I'm not gonna explain it to you. Everything else is a clone, and a bad clone.

I've been diving DIR longer than you. There was no kool-aid. If you don't understand why they all dive DUI and SANTI and the occasional old BARE trilam, I'm not gonna explain it to you. Everything else is a clone, and a bad clone.
You make me laugh. You must be a 🤡

Do you remember why DUI fell out of fad with GUE and the WKPP? Where the SANTI partnership came from? The dealer (and instructor) discount and perks for each of the brands?

They're fine suits, but to pretend they're the best or the only available option to someone diving in GUE circles is narrow minded. Should we gloss over the delaminating issues in Santi boots of different generations? The massive quality dip in DUI for a period of time (admittedly on the uptrend)? The poor generation of CF200 suits? The sizing and ordering issues in the aftermath of Fayth's departure? DUI locking down on third party seals being glued to dead ZipSeal rings? Have you dived an Otter, a ScubaForce, a SF Tech, a Fourth Element, an Ursuit? Even a (gasp) SeaSkin?

resorting to ad hominem? says much about you. google it.
No, that is just a fact. Your rhetoric made me chuckle and I generally laugh at clowns. A lead to B, B lead to C, and now I C that you're a 🤡. Oh happy day.

Just an FYI, your little bs tantrum about being too enlightened to explain anything DIR/GUE to others is exactly why your 🤡 kind are laughed at. The team diving is fantastic. The cult mentality should stay in South Park's version of scientology.

I heard they all drive Prius:)... jk, don't beat me up underwater.

@sylverbard you resurrected a 9 month old thread with guns blazing.

1673292368086.png

Fit is the most important part, so I'd avoid any suit that is not made-to-measure. Some suit makers offer custom sizes that are not true made-to-measure. They'll figure out the suit size that fits you the closest and then alter it, e.g., shorten legs. It will be a custom-ish suit, but not fully custom.

If you're serious about tech and cave, eat ramen for a few months and get SF Tech. I am an unapologetic SF Tech fan. All suits are custom - perfect fit. Build quality is light years away from a typical suit sold at your local dive shop. It is priced around Santi and Bare but is better all around.

If you can't afford SF Tech, go with Sea Skin. Made-to-measure fit. Good customization options. Affordable price.

Seaskin and SF Tech are at the opposite ends of the price spectrum and from the business viewpoint that's where usually you'll find value. Manufacturers in the middle of the price spectrum love markups and add just enough gimmickry to lure you into paying the premiums.

Edit: TL;DR If you're seriously talking about "buy once, cry once" then go with SF Tech. Free annual service. Quality stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom