Pinnacle Evo2 owners, how satisfied are you with stock size fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
I plan on getting a Pinnacle EVO 2 drysuit soon and just wanted to know from those of you that own one, how do you like the stock size and the way it fits?

I am 5'9", 195-200lbs. 38-40" waist and 43-44 " in the chest wear a size 10 boot. According to their chart I should fit into a XLS.

I know they have custom sizing option now, but I just wanted to see if I could fit into a stock size without any problems based on what I hear from the folks that own one.

THANKS.

My boss dives an EVO 2 and he went with a xxls, he could have fit into the XL but he wanted to get it so he made sure that he had enough room for the thickest undergarment that he was gonna wear, sizing is just a tad bigger in certain areas so that is why he went with that, i plan on getting one pretty soon and im gonna go with the xxls, im about 6'2", 215-225lbs, in the waist i usually wear a 38 in my jeans.

Get a custom BORG
I'm almost exactly the same measurements as you and my suit is tight around the friggin waist and restricts movement

I am 6'1", 180 lbs, size 11 foot. I went with a stock Evo2 Large, with size 12 molded boots. I have a small amount of what seems like extra material on each side of the zipper when under the BC, but it has not presented any problems with comfort or operation of the suit under water. No problems with donning or doffing.

Do you have enough room in the boots for the thickness of socks that you need to stay warm?
Joe at ST recommended I go with a 12 size boot since I wear a size 10 shoe size. I just didn't want to get too big a size on the boot and have my foot come up in the suit and lose a fin.

How do you like the suit? Pros and Cons?
I am seeing that the EVO 2 is DUI quality and maybe more in half the price.

Thanks.

If you are unsure, call DiveRightInScuba, he is on SB as member name "Dive Right In Scuba" as well

There is a much more extensive sizing and measurement chart than what is listed on Pinnacle's website. The guy over there has the full sizing chart and will tell you what measurements to take, and he will get you the perfect suit for you, and a great price to boot. With the extensive stock sizing that Pinnacle has, I am willing to bet that you can get a stock suit to fit you without a problem. It doesn't sound like you are a wierd size.

I love mine. I am 6'1" - 240lbs, with a very athletic build (36" waist, 52" chest), and the XXL-short fits me perfectly. Its a little snug getting my shoulders in and out of with the Merino Evo Undergarment, but once I am in it, its wonderful. Very stout construction, great Si-tech valves, the seals are fantastic. All around a great investment. I talked to the guys at Pinnacle about a custom suit, but with all the measurements they told me that the stock XXLS was so close it wouldn't be worth the extra wait time.

I sent my filled out Pinnacle measurement form back to Damien at Pinnacle. He thinks I should go with an Large Short. Only one issue, my waist measurement doesn't fit into their size for the Large Short. I think I will have to go custom to be sure. It's too much money and dive safety and comfort to not be certain of a very good fit.

I plan on getting a Pinnacle EVO 2 drysuit soon and just wanted to know from those of you that own one, how do you like the stock size and the way it fits?

I am 5'9", 195-200lbs. 38-40" waist and 43-44 " in the chest wear a size 10 boot. According to their chart I should fit into a XLS.

I know they have custom sizing option now, but I just wanted to see if I could fit into a stock size without any problems based on what I hear from the folks that own one.

THANKS.
The reality of it is that until you try it on you don't know.

As an example.... Your numbers are fairly close to mine and by the chart I am a perfect Bare XLS. However I happen to be long in the torso and it is the XL that fit's me great. Size charts are generalities and can't hope to capture the variety in the human form.

I think I'm going with a custom fit just to be sure. There is too much money and comfort and dive safety involved to make a mistake with a too big or too small suit. The reason I'm getting the suit goes along with the quote above. I need to be able to dive year round to stay sharp and the only way to comfortably do that is with a good, warm and dry drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom