Drysuit Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boat_kid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi there,

I am from Ohio and have been considering buying and learning how to dive in a drysuit. I would like to be able to explore some of the wrecks in my own backyard, the Great Lakes. I plan to go to my local dive shop to get help picking out the right drysuit and learning how to properly dive with it. However, I thought I’d ask the Scuba board community for advice on sizing first.

I am 6 feet tall, 170lbs, 33 in waist, 39 in chest, and wear a size 12 shoe. When I look at dry suit size charts, my measurements don’t line up well with anything particular size. An XXL might have the correct sock size, and a S might fit my waist measurement, but the ML would fit my height. How would I go about finding the correct size in this situation.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

NG

Made to measure Seaskin Drysuit. All in you're looking at ~$1200 and it will be perfect. Off the shelf from a dive shop you're looking at $2500+ for one that won't fit quite right. Used market is $500-1000 and is someone else's problem you're buying...

www.Seaskin.co.uk

Made to measure Seaskin Drysuit. All in you're looking at ~$1200 and it will be perfect. Off the shelf from a dive shop you're looking at $2500+ for one that won't fit quite right. Used market is $500-1000 and is someone else's problem you're buying...

www.Seaskin.co.uk

Thank you Boarderguy! This is the reason I asked on ScubaBoard...would not have found this otherwise! I appreciate your suggestion and will certainly look into Seaskin. This might be exactly what I need.

Thank you Boarderguy! This is the reason I asked on ScubaBoard...would not have found this otherwise! I appreciate your suggestion and will certainly look into Seaskin. This might be exactly what I need.
Whatever you do, go custom. It’s worth every penny.

www.Seaskin.co.uk

I still need to get one of these. My Tech Instr. says he will measure me, if I can ever find the time to go get trained.

Hi there,

I am from Ohio and have been considering buying and learning how to dive in a drysuit.
Drysuits are wonderfull !!!
They will, however, only keep you dry, not warm.
You will need some "undergarments".
Do not get a drysuit that is a snug fit. You'll need a lot of room for warm clothing.
I would like to be able to explore some of the wrecks in my own backyard, the Great Lakes. I plan to go to my local dive shop to get help picking out the right drysuit
Rubber, cordura, plain trilaminate, crushed neoprene as the last resort.
and learning how to properly dive with it.
It takes some time. Be prepared for that.
However, I thought I’d ask the Scuba board community for advice on sizing first.
Do wear all the undergarments that you will ever need.
Then get on your knees.
As a backmount diver you should be able to touch you neck.
As a sidemount diver you should be able to touch you nipples.
Your choice.
A drysuit is a piece of clothing. Treat it as such!
I am 6 feet tall, 170lbs, 33 in waist, 39 in chest, and wear a size 12 shoe. When I look at dry suit size charts, my measurements don’t line up well with anything particular size. An XXL might have the correct sock size, and a S might fit my waist measurement, but the ML would fit my height. How would I go about finding the correct size in this situation.
Height is critical.
Socks or boots can be changed.
Waist is not that important really. The suit compresses, after all. And you'll have some undergarments.
Make sure you will fit in the suit. Replace the boots.
My drysuit has too long legs. I have to fold them. Still alive :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom