Photos from today. Plus--My first shark!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dude, that's your first shark?? I thought sharks were more common than that over there. (maybe just for surfers?) Hmmmmm now I'll have to put HI back as an option for relocating...:D

btw, that vis looks sweet to me...sounds like you're getting spoiled!:)

I didn't get a decent picture of the shark since I wasn't quite as comfortable as Dave R. with crawling into that cave with the shark. It was rather large, as far as White-tips go. I did get some video though and a couple of pics of other sea creatures (i.e. Shy Filefish, Yellowmargin Moray). Okay, I think I figured out how to add a link to the video I took.
White-tip at Portlock: Video of White-tip Reef Shark in cave at Portlock - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lonnie

Attachments

• Shy Filefish at Spitting Caves.JPG
    Shy Filefish at Spitting Caves.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Yellowmargin Moray at Portlock.JPG
    Yellowmargin Moray at Portlock.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 27
Great pics - Don't think I ever saw a brilliant blue Christmas Tree Worm.

I didn't get a decent picture of the shark since I wasn't quite as comfortable as Dave R. with crawling into that cave with the shark. It was rather large, as far as White-tips go. I did get some video though and a couple of pics of other sea creatures (i.e. Shy Filefish, Yellowmargin Moray). How do I load the videos (i.e. mpeg)? Lonnie

Lonnie,

youtube is probably your best bet YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. You can embed it then here using

[y t]LJzkYU0wDHs[/y t] (minus the spaces between the y and the t). the stuff in the middle is everything that comes after the v= in the youtube link.

Nice shots. I love the turtle. Thanks for sharing.

Dude, that's your first shark?? I thought sharks were more common than that over there. (maybe just for surfers?) Hmmmmm now I'll have to put HI back as an option for relocating...:D

btw, that vis looks sweet to me...sounds like you're getting spoiled!:)

There were spots that rivaled RI waters at times. Then again...I may be going soft

Back
Top Bottom