Trip Report Cozumel Diving Jan/Feb 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More photos (overload?)

Longsnout Seahorse. There were alot of seahorses and in pairs. One I did not get was a male of a pair carrying eggs.
View attachment 768404

Longsnout Seahorse
View attachment 768405

Nurse shark
View attachment 768406

Painted Elysia. I found another on a different site in the sand also. Normally I would expect to see these in amongst grasses or coral. Another diver did find two exhibiting trailing behavior.
View attachment 768407

Pelagic Tunicate/Pyrosome. I posted this on SB's Name That Critter for an ID. I have seen the smooth ones in Cozumel but this is the first with the white dots. I would say this one is many feet long (5-10?). Photo by my friend Scott who is learning to use an underwater camera in manual mode. I hope I am giving him good advice with no task overload.
View attachment 768408

Same Pelagic Tunicate/Pyrosome. My searches on the internet showed some with white dots but not this long.
View attachment 768409

Reticulated Brittle Star. I always see these in sponges and not in sand. It is also missing a limb. As I was photographing it, it buried itself in the sand.
View attachment 768410

Scorpionfish
View attachment 768411

Sharpnose Puffer Fish
View attachment 768412

Splendid Toadfish
View attachment 768413
Love the photos but especially the Toadfish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom