Photos from today. Plus--My first shark!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I went to Portlock today with "Lonnie's Crew" (for whoever knows what that is). The visibility and surge were terrible, but there was definitely still stuff going on down there. Two dives, checking out the little caves and one on the reef a couple hundred yards off.

dwarf moray
P1110889copy2.jpg

2188031919_77c1d97081.jpg

christmas tree worm
2188032715_8a61f02504.jpg

Plus.............

my first shark. Yessss. I snuggled up with it in the cave and tried to get the best shot I could sorry so crappy. Sucker was deep and dark. The shark stirred up the scene so i didnt use any flash

P1110894copy.jpg

dave

Nice pics!

Congrats on your first shark! Hope you see many more!!

lol

that sharkie is smiling...

We rode bikes to Todd's today (you know him) and he has seen a lot of Black Tip Oceanics in Kahala lately.

He says they are aggressive.

Great pics.

nice Pics dude. You got a great shark there too. Were going to be doing the rescue class tomorrow down at magic island if you wanna come down and mess around. Might want to send Sherman a PM and see if its ok. Hope to see you out there.

I went to Portlock today with "Lonnie's Crew".. The visibility and surge were terrible, but there was definitely still stuff going on down there. Two dives, checking out the little caves and one on the reef a couple hundred yards off.
Plus.............
my first shark. Yessss. I snuggled up with it in the cave and tried to get the best shot I could sorry so crappy. Sucker was deep and dark. The shark stirred up the scene so i didnt use any flash..
dave
congrats on your first shark.. (lol you were a 20 year old [shark]-virgin)

yeah.. last time i dove Portlock with Lonnie and crew..
he led us into a murky cave.. and a shark shot past him within inches of his face..
later we asked him if he saw the shark.. and he said, "what shark?!" :11:

sweet pics. Wish I had my camera today, could have reported a sighting on a munclematt with a towel on his head while doing erratic turns on a sandy beach.

congrats on your first shark.. (lol you were a 20 year old [shark]-virgin)

yeah.. last time i dove Portlock with Lonnie and crew..
he led us into a murky cave.. and a shark shot past him within inches of his face..
later we asked him if he saw the shark.. and he said, "what shark?!" :11:

haha! late 24th b-day present for me.

Lonnie was telling me that story after the dive. funny story!

Nice shot of the Christmas tree worms. Congrats on your first shark. How did you feel? Did you get scared? Good thing about diving, if you wet yourself, nobody knows. he he he

I've been with instructors who pull out weapons to protect themselves when they see sharks, I pull out the camera! Reef sharks are less dangerous than dogs.

Thanks!

I was pretty jazzed. Not scared, though. I knew that the reef sharks are a minimal risk to divers and wasn't planning on poking it or yanking it's tail or anything. Just swam into the cave slow, watched and took some pictures.

It was sort of anti-climactic, though. I've been wanting to see a shark while diving for so long and it finally happened....and it was just laying there...mouth-breathing.

Back
Top Bottom