Photos from Sat 11-14-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[youtubehq]trRZMkc4CFo[/youtubehq]

:rofl3: Nice Kenn :D!

There's a proper hand to wear your computer on? Never really thought about it, my watch is comfortable on my left wrist so that's where I put my computer

Hi Kristina,

I wore my computer on my left wrist too without any problems. Till others suggested switching it to the right - which did make wing venting easier on ascent.

Then they suggested turning the computer face towards my inner wrist, which made it that much easier to read at stops when using your hands for other things.

Last edited:
Thanks Kathy. Honestly, I was never told to wear the computer on any particular wrist, it just seemed more natural to wear it where I wear my watch. I'm going to try it on my right this weekend, looks like I'll be out both days, though the water doesn't look like it's going to cooperate. I'm taking a german attorney vacation diver out on Sunday with my regular buddy, I'm grateful for another pair of hands to help me with this friend. My friend is bigger than 6'4" (he said 1 meter 95) and very thin, vacation diver, here visiting for 6 weeks to learn US patent law. I'm going to familiarize him with a bit of cold water, low viz, Monterey diving, lol. I think my dive club is doing a shore dive on Saturday.

Thanks Kathy. Honestly, I was never told to wear the computer on any particular wrist, it just seemed more natural to wear it where I wear my watch. I'm going to try it on my right this weekend, looks like I'll be out both days, though the water doesn't look like it's going to cooperate. I'm taking a german attorney vacation diver out on Sunday with my regular buddy, I'm grateful for another pair of hands to help me with this friend. My friend is bigger than 6'4" (he said 1 meter 95) and very thin, vacation diver, here visiting for 6 weeks to learn US patent law. I'm going to familiarize him with a bit of cold water, low viz, Monterey diving, lol. I think my dive club is doing a shore dive on Saturday.

I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if a german diver were used to cold water with no visibility LOL water temps in the ocean there are very similar to monterey and the vis is horrible from what i have seen. In land there is some good caves/mines/lakes ect with colder water and great vis though.

No, he's already told me about being cold in Thailand and Egypt. I will ask him, however, if he's done ANY diving in Germany. See if that's where he got his cert.
Robert? Please send more pictures and reports!

No, he's already told me about being cold in Thailand and Egypt. I will ask him, however, if he's done ANY diving in Germany. See if that's where he got his cert.
Robert? Please send more pictures and reports!

well... cold in egypt.... good luck in Monterey LOL! I will post some more pics in my other thread took about 500 last weekend in the Tarsus Mountains it was unreal!

Nice! I did ask him about diving in Germany, he said, no, it's too cold.
These should be some pretty short dives, lol.
That's OK though, if I were in Germany or anywhere else I would love for someone to show me their local diving. I would regret being somewhere and not seeing what their ocean has to offer, and you can't do it alone!

looks like I'll be out both days, though the water doesn't look like it's going to cooperate. I'm taking a german attorney vacation diver out on Sunday with my regular buddy, I'm grateful for another pair of hands to help me with this friend. My friend is bigger than 6'4" (he said 1 meter 95) and very thin, vacation diver, here visiting for 6 weeks to learn US patent law. I'm going to familiarize him with a bit of cold water, low viz, Monterey diving, lol. I think my dive club is doing a shore dive on Saturday.

Kristina,

I'm so impressed at how much you dive, especially since you have a kid! Have a great time with the tall guys and good luck with the German! It's great you have a partner to help :wink:!

I'm off to So Fla tomorrow for a taste of 80F water and turkey with my folks.
Friday will be a blur -after taking an all night red-eye flight, I'll drive straight from the airport to the dive site. Luckily, it's only one 25ft deep muck shore dive, to dial in the warm water gear before boat diving the next day.

I can't tell you how excited I am to be heading back to good vis and warm water - and to be diving my beloved rig from this last summer.

All this talk of warm water diving really makes me want to get back somewhere warm. I like Monterey and all, but its just sooo easy in nice warm water. I have to find somewhere good to go for a trip in March. PNG, Wakatobi, Thailand.... need to do more research.

All this talk of warm water diving really makes me want to get back somewhere warm. I like Monterey and all, but its just sooo easy in nice warm water. I have to find somewhere good to go for a trip in March. PNG, Wakatobi, Thailand.... need to do more research.

Ahh the coral triangle - my favorite ;-)! I'd be glad to answer any questions I can.

Oddly, I have decided to stick around for 5 weeks over the winter holiday and dive the cold water rig non-stop -- till it is as automatic as my warm water rig :).

Passing on a 5 week trip to SE Asia for local cold water diving?!?! I must be crazy!

And Kathy, I have the greatest respect for you that you can up and go anywhere the whim takes you, by yourself, without an itinerary! The free spiritedness is something to aspire to.
I love meeting new people, I love diving, having enough experience to dive with anyone, and be able to help the newer ones is a great place to be. The more diving I do, the more confident I get, not only as a diver but as a person, and I need that in my life right now. I love coming into work Monday morning, smile on my face, ready to take on the challenges of training these juniors each week. I tell you, it gets trying to answer the same questions over and over because some people can't retain the information, then I just think back to my happy place, visit scubaboard, and it all goes away. Diving has been the best thing to happen to me in a long, long time.
I did think back to remember what I did before I was really diving, not a whole lot recently, but before my accident I did a lot of needlepoint. Really intricate stuff. Since the accident my dexterity isn't like it was and my hands go numb if I'm grasping something about my heart too long, so I had to give it up. It's OK though, I have some beautiful things I made and now I'm getting a lot more exercise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom