Photos from Sat 11-14-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a proper hand to wear your computer on? Never really thought about it, my watch is comfortable on my left wrist so that's where I put my computer. Why is it better on the right?
Gombessa: hilarious video, thank you for that!

Your power inflator hangs over your left shoulder (and on more minimalist BCs/wings, the sole OPV is on the left side as well). Also, the shoulder or cuff dump on a drysuit is on the left arm. Having your computer on your right wrist allows you to make buoyancy changes with your left hand while keeping track of your depth/time simultaneously.

Hmm, I will try that next time. I don't recall ever needing to be checking depth and dumping air concurrently, when I descend, as soon as I'm under the surface with my BCD empty I sink at a slow rate, and when I ascend, I also have all the air out of my BCD, when it expands I dump it.

It can come in handy, especially if you want/need to stay in a small buoyancy window (I suppose a lot more critical during decompression stops). But it's far from critical for most people. After all, plenty of folks dive with computers on their left wrist or on a console, right? :wink:

Wow, I can read the lettering on the hoses. Now that's high resolution!

Comes with the territory, that's why I like to stay BEHIND the camera. As proof, look what happens to me when someone else controls the record button:

[youtubehq]trRZMkc4CFo[/youtubehq]

LOL - Play it off cat while hung up on kelp, nice!

Kenn, I have to admit to watching more of your videos on the bottom there on youtube (while being paid for it, of course) and have a question. You saw humpbacks? In August while diving?
NICE!

You saw humpbacks? In August while diving?
NICE!

Unfortunately, not while diving. However, the viz that day was murky enough where we probably wouldn't have seen them even if they were 20 feet away :)

We say them from the boat, they were feeding on whatever was causing the bay to become soup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom