Photos from Sat 11-14-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually don't post but I was shocked to see someone diving without gloves!!! Did they forget them or was it by choice?

Wow. I missed that the first time I viewed the pictures, but now I see what you're talking about. It only seems to be in the last location though. Robin? Weren't they cold?

Yeah, no gloves! I couldn't believe he went in on the 3rd dive with no gloves. He had them for dives 1 &2. And the 3rd dive was the one with all the nettles! He didn't get stung though. I think he went through his air a little fast though.

Kenn, the current was really ripping at the surface. We were hanging on the line and pretty much horizontal. At first Paula and I were holding some kelp until it ripped free. We got blown right into the anchor line which we couldnt see. Nice bit of blind luck.

Very nice pictures. Makes me jealous. We had around 20 feet of vis but we were shore diving the North Coast. The wind came up in the afternoon Saturday, but Sunday was beautiful with even smaller swells and hardly even a breeze.

I sure wouldn't be comfortable not knowing exactly where my back up reg is, let alone my BC controls.
IMG_3174.jpg

Mark had an integrated octo/inflator, you can see it over his left shoulder just like it should be. Its just a little further over from his light.

Mark had an integrated octo/inflator, you can see it over his left shoulder just like it should be. Its just a little further over from his light.

if you look at the photo above your post it looks (and is) like its behind the arm and not where it should be but I only said anything because it came up:D

Wow, I can read the lettering on the hoses. Now that's high resolution!

remind me not to have you guys look at my setup.

Comes with the territory, that's why I like to stay BEHIND the camera. As proof, look what happens to me when someone else controls the record button:

[youtubehq]trRZMkc4CFo[/youtubehq]

When I first started I had the same configuration and made it 25 dives before someone showed me the light...or was it the dark side? Although my Air 2 was always where it was supposed to be.

I termed it a yard sale! Check out the guy behind me (He doesn't even have his computer on the correct hand, let alone the coral whacker dragging below him). I didn't even know he was in the picture until I uploaded them. Mark's gear configuration just needs a little change to make it safe again. Maybe velcro down the octo/inflator to the shoulder strap?
Sorry for the poor picture it was taken with a long since retired camera.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Net24a.jpg
    Net24a.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 83
There's a proper hand to wear your computer on? Never really thought about it, my watch is comfortable on my left wrist so that's where I put my computer. Why is it better on the right?
Gombessa: hilarious video, thank you for that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom