Philippino delicacies I need to try?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mango is available in most metro manila good restaurants. Jolibee has mango pie !

when buying ripe mangoes, check for its sweetness. smell it you should detect the sweetness, else it may not be ripe yet. or worst not good quality carabao mango. definitely there should be no spots or roughness on the fruit. it should be smooth, soft, sweet, delectable, and the aroma really plays a big part in its sweetness .

and don't forget SWEET LANZONES, should be taken alone no other fruit,

stay away from CHICO, its like eating soil with sugar !!! and smells like a drunk person

watch the calories, you may need to buy a new wetsuit two sizes up :D

and that means more weights !!!!

lanzones from camiguin are the absolute BEST... forget that laguna crap after you've tried it... will try to bring home a few kilos for you guys when i go back to butuan

Jag

simple question....
Are Lanzones and Longan the same fruits???
nope... longan closer to a lychee... relatively hard skin...

lanzones... hmmmm... well soft skin, the pits are in the meat itself rather than at the center (like a cherry or lychee pit)...

Lansium domesticum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

just got the link from wiki... apparently it's not very widespread in the world... but it doesn't mention Camiguin and northern mindanao as a source...

Jag

nope... longan closer to a lychee... relatively hard skin...

lanzones... hmmmm... well soft skin, the pits are in the meat itself rather than at the center (like a cherry or lychee pit)...

Lansium domesticum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

just got the link from wiki... apparently it's not very widespread in the world... but it doesn't mention Camiguin and northern mindanao as a source...

Jag

Are you sure there are any Lanzones left? I thought my wife ate them all when we in Puerto Galera in 2005:wink:

I see......Singaporean call them Duku (probably in bahasa), yup they are good & quite addictive.....

Are you sure there are any Lanzones left? I thought my wife ate them all when we in Puerto Galera in 2005:wink:
addictive huh... i remember the last batch of camiguin harvest i brought back...

i get down from the car (from the airport) and i made my wife try one in the garage... we went through about 3 kilos of it before even going into the house!

Jag

Don't forget to pack your Peptio-Bismol... depending on how adventurous you are, if you don't heed the advise of the wise your likely going to wind up w/ a bad case of Montaezumas Revenge!!!!!!!!!!! The Big Ugly ha,ha,ha

Don't forget to pack your Peptio-Bismol... depending on how adventurous you are, if you don't heed the advise of the wise your likely going to wind up w/ a bad case of Montaezumas Revenge!!!!!!!!!!! The Big Ugly ha,ha,ha

Yup, that's packed already! Wether I heed the advice of the wise or not, I figure I'm going to get it eventually...:popcorn:

yes fresh Lanzones on Camiguin or on Mindanao nearby are awesome!

You actually get more calcium you can use from the undeveloped (fresh) egg. By the time the embryo starts getting crunchy, it has taken the "nutritional" calcium from the yolk and converted it into indigestable bone, which passes right through you.
IOW, the calcium is there in the fresh egg all along, and Uncle Ricky's first law of eggs and fortune applies; to wit:
"The longer you wait, the more the chick uses it up, and the less you get out of it."

:D
Rick

right you are. while it is still in fluid form than solid(bones) and that is why Penoy is best for calcium absorbtion !!!

Back
Top Bottom