Philippino delicacies I need to try?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GREEN mango shake...

better carabao mangos with bagoong... indian mangos are tasteless... zee enjoyed the bagoongs

laing... taro leaves in coconut milk... excellent stuff

Love Green mango shake but they told me it's only served in Visayas

mango with Bagoong.... sounds like the same way they eat in Indonesia... green mango with some sort of shrimp paste & ketchap manis mixture... they are good...

Ube icecream! lovely purple color!

Jigo, street food like that is the kind of stuff I love! But I'm not too sure my fragile North American digestive system will take it!:shakehead: Sometimes, even if the food is of good quality, just the different microfauna present in a country is enough to give your innards a good jogging...:rofl3: And since street vendors aren't equiped as well as a good kitchen, that might be playing with fire... Then again, I'll have to take the plunge sometime and might as well test and see how it goes! i'll just have to make sure it's well cooked...

:coffee:

just give it a good soak in the vinegar and chili dip to kill the "microfauna/faura" :rofl3:

mango with Bagoong.... sounds like the same way they eat in Indonesia... green mango with some sort of shrimp paste & ketchap manis mixture... they are good...

green mango shake should be available whenever there are mangoes. which is anywhere in the Philippines. we have it here in manila and it should be available in PG. its just unripe mangoes in the blender with ice and syrup.

Pancit Bijon with a little fish sauce and fresh squeezed calamanci... I can eat that 'til I hurt!
Rick

best with flame grilled pork chop or pork belly !!!

is this diving or food forum :confused:

CODMAN : i eat balut and penoy, but the penoy i like it "higupin" thats messed up duck egg, boiled and its like smoothie but not cold and sweet. just pure proteins.

balut i like it crunchy. those who would like to know what crunchy is, pm me, ow what the heck might as well lay it down for all. crunchy in a balut means the embryo has developed with formation of calcium, hence "Crunch" its good for those with calcium deficiencies. good for those with osteoporosis. and also supplements teeth !

mango is available in most metro manila good restaurants. Jolibee has mango pie !

when buying ripe mangoes, check for its sweetness. smell it you should detect the sweetness, else it may not be ripe yet. or worst not good quality carabao mango. definitely there should be no spots or roughness on the fruit. it should be smooth, soft, sweet, delectable, and the aroma really plays a big part in its sweetness .

and don't forget SWEET LANZONES, should be taken alone no other fruit,

stay away from CHICO, its like eating soil with sugar !!! and smells like a drunk person

watch the calories, you may need to buy a new wetsuit two sizes up :D

and that means more weights !!!!

street food. cubes or cakes, skewered and grilled. like kebab or barbeque.

add chicken ass (baticolon), and chicken feet (addidas)

don't forget the barbeque ear and snout..... :eyebrow:

how about soup no. 5 ?

MikeV, try soup no. 5

tamilok!

worms that live inside the barks of mangrove trees :thumbs-up just add vinegar, onion and ginger. yum!

Back
Top Bottom