Philippino delicacies I need to try?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

best with flame grilled pork chop or pork belly !!!

is this diving or food forum :confused:

CODMAN : i eat balut and penoy, but the penoy i like it "higupin" thats messed up duck egg, boiled and its like smoothie but not cold and sweet. just pure proteins.

balut i like it crunchy. those who would like to know what crunchy is, pm me, ow what the heck might as well lay it down for all. crunchy in a balut means the embryo has developed with formation of calcium, hence "Crunch" its good for those with calcium deficiencies. good for those with osteoporosis. and also supplements teeth !

Good Lord, make him stop, smite him now......please:shakehead:

worms that live inside the barks of mangrove trees :thumbs-up just add vinegar, onion and ginger. yum!

I know what you're talking about, those look disgusting..

Balut is good just eat it while its hot if that thing gets cold it would be perfect/ideal for a daring competition.

Aso...barbecued or stewed....but not for me thanks

Fresh lanzones are awsome, I want to check out the Lanzones festival in Camiguin sometime

... crunchy in a balut means the embryo has developed with formation of calcium, hence "Crunch" its good for those with calcium deficiencies. good for those with osteoporosis. and also supplements teeth !
You actually get more calcium you can use from the undeveloped (fresh) egg. By the time the embryo starts getting crunchy, it has taken the "nutritional" calcium from the yolk and converted it into indigestable bone, which passes right through you.
IOW, the calcium is there in the fresh egg all along, and Uncle Ricky's first law of eggs and fortune applies; to wit:
"The longer you wait, the more the chick uses it up, and the less you get out of it."

:D
Rick

the reason why balut is mostly sold at night is so that you can't see it. not too appetizing to look at but it's still really good :)

dennis

isaw (chiken intestines), tenga ng baboy (pig ears), betamax (barbecued coagulated chicken blood), proven (chicken proventriculus), balat ng manok (chicken skin), bopis (pig lungs), kwek-kwek (egg waffle), sisig (pig face), durian...

After reading this I will never watch another episode of FEAR FACTOR.......ever.......or watch my brother-in-law eat a balut.....ever......<burp>....

I know what you're talking about, those look disgusting..
it's just like kilawin... my friends and i took turns daring each other to 'em :D

OK, so how many of you PPDers have actually tried the Balut? Coomon, be honnest... And how many actually like it?:D I'm not sure i'll be up to trying it... but we'll see...

The Lechon looks really good.... Hmmmmmm... Porkchops....:rofl3:

My god it's going to be a cultural shock for me!!!!! I can't wait....:D:D
never... i've tried the soup... it's good with a little salt, but never ate a whole balut... my brothers and parents love it though :biggrin:

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom