Philippino delicacies I need to try?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

isnt there a local resto with that name? heaven n' eggs or heaven in eggs or something like that. :rofl3:
heaven and eggs.

the one in makati was pretty good... i ate once at the one in the fort and service and food sucked big time...

haven't gone back since

Jag

Must try - Sisig, drink a San Mig Light - it just works!

Lechon - nothing like fatty crispy roast pig!!! YUM!!!

The Mango and Bagoon is good - I sort of thought of it like Vegemite and toast. You just need a little bit, and as your acquire the taste for it, you put dip the mango a little deeper into the paste :)

Oh, and re Jolibee - don't forget to cmpliment the girl behind the counter on how good her English is.

Turn, wlak away, take 5 steps, then glimpse back and watch as she tells all her friends about how the english speaker complimented her on her English. Pricless - tlak about a warm fuzzy feeling!

Z...

Pancit Bijon with a little fish sauce and fresh squeezed calamanci... I can eat that 'til I hurt!
Rick

OK, so how many of you PPDers have actually tried the Balut? Coomon, be honnest... And how many actually like it?:D I'm not sure i'll be up to trying it... but we'll see...

The Lechon looks really good.... Hmmmmmm... Porkchops....:rofl3:

My god it's going to be a cultural shock for me!!!!! I can't wait....:D:D

The Mango and Bagoon is good - I sort of thought of it like Vegemite and toast. You just need a little bit, and as your acquire the taste for it, you put dip the mango a little deeper into the paste :)

Z...

Some of my hatchery staff in Oton, Iloilo were fishermen and when the little shrimp that they made bagoon with were running, they would skip work to go catch them with nets off the beach. (I'm not sure what shrimp it was but it wasn't Sugpo, or tiger shrimp) Then a few days later as you drive down the road and wonder what that dead shrimp smell is.....it's bagoon "cooking" as it dried in the sun. When you're fresh out of "Burger Land" USA, the smell of basically rotting flesh sends off alarm bells..."do not eat....do not eat", but....when in Rome.....

street food. cubes or cakes, skewered and grilled. like kebab or barbeque.

Jigo, street food like that is the kind of stuff I love! But I'm not too sure my fragile North American digestive system will take it!:shakehead: Sometimes, even if the food is of good quality, just the different microfauna present in a country is enough to give your innards a good jogging...:rofl3: And since street vendors aren't equiped as well as a good kitchen, that might be playing with fire... Then again, I'll have to take the plunge sometime and might as well test and see how it goes! i'll just have to make sure it's well cooked...

:coffee:

fragile north american digestive system?!?!?! yer from Quebec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fries, cheese, and gravy... ya, real fragile..

:D
We eat from street vendors (warungs) all the time here, no problems, McDs seems to give the worst gastronomic problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom