Peso Exchange Rates and the Taxi Mafia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

View attachment 214082

I still have my Slide Rule - and its leather case. Is it time for me to go on Antiques Roadshow?
I have mine somewhere as well. It's a Dietzgen, I think. I emerged as a nerd the moment I hung it on my belt in its leather case.

Slide rules were boss in the 60's!

Attachments

• slide_rule_apollo_demotivational_by_maverickhunter13-d6na508.jpg
    slide_rule_apollo_demotivational_by_maverickhunter13-d6na508.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 192
^ Well, the initial planning of the Lunar landings was done by slide rule, but the actual flights were controlled by the onboard computers in the command module and lunar module. With one exception - Neil Armstrong flew the lunar lander manually after the onboard computer became overwhelmed by excessive error interrupts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And today, my $32 scientific calculator has more computing power than was on any of the Apollo spacecraft. My $475 iPad has 64 Gigabytes of memory, while the $2+ Million computer that took up a whole room in the Computer Center at my Undergraduate College had only 64 Kilobytes of memory. As did the first IBM PC which I paid over $3,000 for in 1985.

INSTEAD, Pepe's Grill chose to convert to dollars at 14.5 and then charge in dollar. 3356/14.50 is 231.45. Which is what they charged. The difference is about $21.56 US which means they manipulated the currency to cost me MORE than 10% more than I should have had to pay. 10 PERCENT?!?!? Still thanks for taking the extra 10% , Pepe.
Yep, got the CC statement. Night before at Kinta used the card in pesos and got an exchange rate of more than 15.99. Same thing the day after. No fees. Just Pepe pulling the no bueno tricks.

Yep, got the CC statement. Night before at Kinta used the card in pesos and got an exchange rate of more than 15.99. Same thing the day after. No fees. Just Pepe pulling the no bueno tricks.

Get that on tripadvisor/facebook. People should at least be warned to watch for this!

In 1977 I used a TI calculator in college. The math teacher, an old codger, thought we were all wussing out with a calculator that could compute an algorithm in seconds. When HE was in college, it took days to figure out an algorithm.

In 1977 I used a TI calculator in college. The math teacher, an old codger, thought we were all wussing out with a calculator that could compute an algorithm in seconds. When HE was in college, it took days to figure out an algorithm.
Do you mean logarithm?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom