Perdix AI and VPM Mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Hefe 612

Sings "Wheels on the Bus" Daily
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok. New diver here. I was reading Should I Purchase VPM Deco Algorithm With my Perdix AI? thread.

I too just bought the Perdix AI as my first dive computer, but I didn't see the thread above before coughing up my $55 for VPM. Obviously I thought I should get all the bells and whistles on it in case I become Mr. Super Diver Extraordinaire. After doing a lot more reading, I'm not sure I'm necessarily going to use the feature, but can someone who uses it on the Perdix AI tell me which menu it is under so I can make sure I actually received the upgrade? I've tried switching from OC Rec to OC Tec to CC/BO. I only see the Buhlmann mode. If I ever go to sell it in the future, I want to make sure it's there since I paid for it.

Thanks!
Chris

You should put activacion code into menu

Does anyone still use VPM?

it's in the system setup menu when you get to deco setup. You then change the deco model from GF to VPM
Ok. That's what I was thinking. It was supposed to be activated before shipping. I'll have to call and get the code. Thanks!

Or better yet, don't activate and get a refund since you won't use it.

cross post with tbone

Agreed - get the refund. You won't seriously have to think about deco algorithms and models until you're quite into deco diving. And given that you're just staring out, l venture to guess that that's a few years out. By then, the consensus may very well have totally shifted away from VPM. Already today only a small fraction of divers uses it, and the scientific evidence is increasingly against it. But if you at that time really feel like you want it, you can still buy the unlock code then, at not much more cost. And, if you really believe in deep stops, based on the science or on how you feel after a dive, you can emu.ate VPM quite satisfactorily bychoosing deep-heavy gradient factors for your Buhlmann algorithm.

Agreed - get the refund. You won't seriously have to think about deco algorithms and models until you're quite into deco diving. And given that you're just staring out, l venture to guess that that's a few years out. By then, the consensus may very well have totally shifted away from VPM. Already today only a small fraction of divers uses it, and the scientific evidence is increasingly against it. But if you at that time really feel like you want it, you can still buy the unlock code then, at not much more cost. And, if you really believe in deep stops, based on the science or on how you feel after a dive, you can emu.ate VPM quite satisfactorily bychoosing deep-heavy gradient factors for your Buhlmann algorithm.
I already paid for it, so the question is whether or not they will believe me when I tell them it isn't active and if I could simply get a refund. If they will refund it, I'll definitely go that route, otherwise I'll unlock it and move on. It was only $55, so it's not the end of the world either way. Oh well... C'est la vie n'est pas? :wink: Thanks for all the input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom