Palm Beach Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went out yesterday, 11/26, boat limit on lobster after 2 dives. Had a gentle north current, 40-50ft vis, 80 degrees. The surface conditions were pretty sloppy all day.

I went out yesterday, 11/26, boat limit on lobster after 2 dives. Had a gentle north current, 40-50ft vis, 80 degrees. The surface conditions were pretty sloppy all day.

I had the same conditions in Palm Beach yesterday, but with less Lobster lol. It got sloppier throughout the morning.

I had the same conditions in Palm Beach yesterday, but with less Lobster lol. It got sloppier throughout the morning.

On the Great Lakes, they have the Gales of November. In Palm Beach County, we have the Sloppies of November. I'll take ours over the storms I've seen on the Great Lakes!!

It was really bad near the inlet. We did the Corridor wreck trek on dive 3 and it was really getting rough when we were setting up the drop.

Yes - Pura Vida runs a good trip for blackwater, as does Walker's Dive Charters. The main difference is that PV does max 90 minutes and WDC does 120 minutes.

Blackwater dives are a different animal - people seem to either love or hate them. Reef Photo has a good article here that's worth a read, and here's another good one from Walker's.

If you don't have a camera capable of doing blackwater, a magnifying glass works well with a dive light. Bring a hood to keep the little critters out of your ears, and a red light for boat pickup. Enjoy!

Lance

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom