Palm Beach Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very slight north current in 85-110 of Palm beach today and north several miles. Bottom vis 50 ft plus, top 20 feet was about 20 ft vis and green and cool. Water is very warm on the bottom, no need for a wetsuit.

Speak for yourself :rofl3:

Unless the water is ... ohhhh ... 95 ... I'm in at least a 3mm. And if it is 95, I'm still in a 3mm. I've seen what's in the water!

Saturday was pretty much the same. Top 25 for was 10ft vis and a degree or 2 cooler than below 25ft. I had 85 degrees at 100ft, 50ft vis, slight north current.

We limited 30 lobsters, 5 divers, and were met at the docks by fwc for an inspection of our catch. They were super friendly, a few of the guys big into fishing were asking a lot of questions about fishing regulation stuff and they happily answered everything.

..fishing were asking a lot of questions about fishing regulation stuff and they happily answered everything.
The WPB LEO's are very professional and will work quick if you're nice. It's not their fault that Hogs and Fed>gag's are un-reasonably closed the end of October.
Congrats on the bugs and Thank you as always for the conditions report!! Every report of info helps us make a plan for this week.

The WPB LEO's are very professional and will work quick if you're nice. It's not their fault that Hogs and Fed>gag's are un-reasonably closed the end of October.
Congrats on the bugs and Thank you as always for the conditions report!! Every report of info helps us make a plan for this week.
They were asking about gags and hogs. I don't spearfish, so it was all over my head. Yeah, they were super professional. I even joked, that I hope we weren't off by one lobster (meaning we had 31) and they just waved it off. They could tell we weren't trying to be illegal. So, they counted the lobsters, checked for eggs, and said everything was good. They even took selfies with us :). We offered to let them borrow a measuring device and they said don't worry about it.

still super warm, 60 ft vis, moderate north current, some dirty freshwater on top.
I heard it was bumpier on Sunday than it was Saturday. Saturday conditions were really good and started getting choppy in the late afternoon.

moderate north, 60 ft vis, still very warm on bottom. About the same as Sunday, maybe better vis.

Somebody is intermittently blasting high frequency squealing sound. Very loud underwater and can even hear it on boat. No obvious source of transmission, no boats within 1/2 mile. I assume it is some navy research or something.

I heard it was bumpier on Sunday than it was Saturday. Saturday conditions were really good and started getting choppy in the late afternoon.
I was out Sat (am) and Sunday (pm). Sunday was rough at the end.

moderate north, 60 ft vis, still very warm on bottom. About the same as Sunday, maybe better vis.

Somebody is intermittently blasting high frequency squealing sound. Very loud underwater and can even hear it on boat. No obvious source of transmission, no boats within 1/2 mile. I assume it is some navy research or something.
I heard it too. At first I thought… dolphin? Alas, no.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom