Palm Beach Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although the article does say they are native to Florida, just in much lower numbers. It is an interesting idea.

I catch and eat those crabs. Don’t you guys see them on te reefs? Btw south tide 50 ft vis in100 off MacArthur bch
I had not seen them. I didn't know that they were already here. Thanks for the heads up.

I see them often. Haven't put one on the table yet.... Reminds me though, just a few more days until we can soak our stone crab traps

I see them often. Haven't put one on the table yet.... Reminds me though, just a few more days until we can soak our stone crab traps
There's a new rule for stone crab traps this year.

NEW: A 2 3/16” escape ring will be required in all plastic and wood stone crab traps by 2023/2024 season. The escape ring must be located in the lower half of the trap and immediately adjacent to the vertical centerline of the trap wall on which it is installed. An escape ring may not be located adjacent to any corner where two vertical trap walls meet.

Previously, only the blue crab traps needed the escape ring.

There's a new rule for stone crab traps this year.

NEW: A 2 3/16” escape ring will be required in all plastic and wood stone crab traps by 2023/2024 season. The escape ring must be located in the lower half of the trap and immediately adjacent to the vertical centerline of the trap wall on which it is installed. An escape ring may not be located adjacent to any corner where two vertical trap walls meet.

Previously, only the blue crab traps needed the escape ring.
That's to let the sailcats and seahorses out

That's to let the sailcats and seahorses out

Thanks, I didn't know that. I had assumed it was for undersized crabs.

I did get 1 sail cat once. I've never gotten a seahorse.

Anyone been in the water recently and can speak to vis?

Anyone been in the water recently and can speak to vis?

Weekend viz wasn’t great. 20-30 feet. I don’t think anyone has been in since Sunday because the seas have been up. May get some reports today and certainly tomorrow. Hopefully the easterly wind component pushed some clean water inshore.

Did anyone dive today that can provide a conditions report?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom