Palm Beach Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anybody have a conditions report, particularly visibility?

Just posted on Facebook:

1728677605746.png

Inlet cams look pretty crappy for today,
Look at those Powerful east winds.....I can smell blue water being pushed in from my keyboard !!!

Based on the dip in fuel supplies in Tampa, it didn't seem prudent to take on 7+ hours of driving to the Atlantic side and back for diving.

IOW, I've foregone my dive plans for this weekend.

Plus I have teammates from work who are still without power in their homes.

The morning before Milton hit, vis was less than 5 feet, brown, & murky. The top 4 feet was cool, with warm water from there to the bottom. I had assumed that the corps were dumping Lake O to make room for what Milton was likely to leave behind. They may still be dumping. A LOT of rain came down in the middle of the state.

Based on the dip in fuel supplies in Tampa, it didn't seem prudent to take on 7+ hours of driving to the Atlantic side and back for diving.

IOW, I've foregone my dive plans for this weekend.

Plus I have teammates from work who are still without power in their homes.

Good call. Fuel is in short supply in SWFL as well. Went out yesterday to get groceries. Our stores are open and restocking, but all gas stations I drove by in Bonita Springs & Estero had no gas, just diesel. Thankfully we filled up pre-Milton so are in good shape for quite awhile.

The port in Tampa is the origin point of pipelines that feed fuel to much of central Florida. I'm curious if those lines are operational at this time or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom