Palm Beach Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. Significant rain fall runoff, lake O discharges, forecasted 13-15+ foot waves, and swell for several days as the storm moves east off shore are all causes for poor conditions through next weekend. Additionally, an east moving storm is likely to stir up the Gulf Stream for days if not a week or more, further complicating things. I could be wrong but I can’t see conditions being favorable for good diving for at least a week. Likely longer.
Ok, we are pushing our trip back 4 weeks. Y'all stay safe out there

Blue water in 112, minimal current, 4-5 ft long period swell, 1-2, not sure of vis on bottom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 14
ugh.. I looked out upon the FLAT ocean this morning and couldn't justify a solo beach dive...

ugh.. I looked out upon the FLAT ocean this morning and couldn't justify a solo beach dive...
Try harder next time. :wink:
After Milton moves through, it's likely to be mucky for a while.

True..
It did clear up pretty good after Helene, but different system, different path.
May try tomorrow if its still flat early on... But I also realize I may be pushing the envelope.. its a wait n see.

True..
It did clear up pretty good after Helene, but different system, different path.
May try tomorrow if its still flat early on... But I also realize I may be pushing the envelope.. its a wait n see.
The current forecast has things getting snotty right around high tide. ...but trusting weathermen or politicians often leaves one disappointed.

Anybody have a conditions report, particularly visibility?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom