Palm Beach Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went on Pura Vida's Aurelia today and Thursday. Captain Dean, Amber and Quinn as crew on Thursday. Captain Jason, Amber, and Phil as crew today. Bath&Tennis and Flower Gardens on Thursday. Bath&Tennis and Dive-A-Rama on Friday. Sea temp 81f on surface and 79f on the bottom across all sites on both days. Visibility on Thursday was 50ft. Visibility on Friday was 40ft near the bottom, but 25ft in the water column, fresh water from all the rain had definitely moved in.

When Amber did the dive briefing for Bath&Tennis the first day she drew a Hammerhead Shark on the whiteboard. I promptly asked if it was a Scalloped or Greater Hammerhead. Five minutes into the first dive we were on a 10ft Hammerhead, or maybe it was on us. In the ten foot range, I only didn't get the best look, others in the group were lucky and were within 15ft of it. Loggerheads were common, counted a total of 15 in two days. Most of them were resting on the reef, two of them were swimming. On Dive-A-Rama we got on a smaller Hammerhead, in the 8ft range. I did not get the best look at that one either. But so what, its cool to see them around. Did REEF surveys on all four dives. Species count range from 71 to 76. Interesting species of note included, Moustache Jawfish, Unicorn Filefish, juvenile Spotted Drums, Black Durgon, Spotfin Hogfish, and Slender Filefish. Respectively, Slender Filefish, Juvenile Spotted Drums, Brassy Chub, White Spotted Filefish, and Kuekenthals Ball Sponge

06-13-24 Filefish.JPEG
06-13-24 Spotted Drums.jpg
06-14-24 Brassy Chub.JPEG
06-14-24 Whitespot Filefish.JPEG

Kuekenthals Ball Sponge.JPEG

Went on Pura Vida's Aurelia today and Thursday. Captain Dean, Amber and Quinn as crew on Thursday. Captain Jason, Amber, and Phil as crew today. Bath&Tennis and Flower Gardens on Thursday. Bath&Tennis and Dive-A-Rama on Friday. Sea temp 81f on surface and 79f on the bottom across all sites on both days. Visibility on Thursday was 50ft. Visibility on Friday was 40ft near the bottom, but 25ft in the water column, fresh water from all the rain had definitely moved in.

When Amber did the dive briefing for Bath&Tennis the first day she drew a Hammerhead Shark on the whiteboard. I promptly asked if it was a Scalloped or Greater Hammerhead. Five minutes into the first dive we were on a 10ft Hammerhead, or maybe it was on us. In the ten foot range, I only didn't get the best look, others in the group were lucky and were within 15ft of it. Loggerheads were common, counted a total of 15 in two days. Most of them were resting on the reef, two of them were swimming. On Dive-A-Rama we got on a smaller Hammerhead, in the 8ft range. I did not get the best look at that one either. But so what, its cool to see them around. Did REEF surveys on all four dives. Species count range from 71 to 76. Interesting species of note included, Moustache Jawfish, Unicorn Filefish, juvenile Spotted Drums, Black Durgon, Spotfin Hogfish, and Slender Filefish. Respectively, Slender Filefish, Juvenile Spotted Drums, Brassy Chub, White Spotted Filefish, and Kuekenthals Ball Sponge

View attachment 846034View attachment 846035View attachment 846036View attachment 846037
View attachment 846038

Thx for the report!! I’ve been cleared by my surgeon to return to diving. Booked with Pura Vida for 6/29-30. It’ll be so nice to get back underwater!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom