PaintBall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks,
i have heard that only semi auto are allowed in tourney's , but can you play at most places with an auto gun?

Most places don't let you. Even at places that "allow" you to play with a full auto gun, the other players will probably look down heavily on it and dislike you for it.

Full auto is silly IMO.

It's no good underwater, the paint doesn't stick.

And you thought wiping was bad on land..

i was wondering about the auto thing bc so many guns have semi, 3 burst, 6 burst, and full auto. can these be locked in one mode?

Fly N Dive:
i was wondering about the auto thing bc so many guns have semi, 3 burst, 6 burst, and full auto. can these be locked in one mode?

Yes, they can. Virtually every gun you see in a tourney these days is going to have a selectable full auto mode on the board. There is usually a tourney lock on the gun itself in the form of a jumper or dip switch. On many Spyder guns for instance, if you remove a jumper from the board the gun will be locked into its current firing mode. There are also devices to lock the velocity adjustment of certain guns.. and I'm not that familiar with them.

thanks

I would highly recommend a Bushmaster - don't get the LCD version...but the electronic guns are nice. Very light trigger pulls...

DO NOT waste your money on getting an electric Spyder or some other such crap. Those guns were not designed for high rates of fire and they will fail easy.

If you want a good, cheaper gun look at the Tippman's - they've got some reactive trigger upgrades that you can just RIP the paint with.

I don't do paint ball but know a lot of people that do so excuse me if I don't have enough info. A way that a bunch of my buds save a few bucks is to use a scuba tank to refill their paint ball caylinder. Don't know if that is common knowledge or not. I prefere to use my air for other things.

crpnt133:
I don't do paint ball but know a lot of people that do so excuse me if I don't have enough info. A way that a bunch of my buds save a few bucks is to use a scuba tank to refill their paint ball caylinder. Don't know if that is common knowledge or not. I prefere to use my air for other things.

It's pretty common knowledge, mostly cause it's a good idea.

It's easy to teach SCUBA people about paintball air tanks.. the trouble comes in when paintball people try to buy [especially used] SCUBA tanks and run into troubles at the LDS with annual visual inspections and so forth.

"But I'm not using it for SCUBA!" is a common excuse for trying to avoid the visuals..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom