PaintBall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You gotta be careful there.

Some guns and tanks are designed for CO2. CO2 has MUCH lower pressure. Even the comrpessed air cylinders used on paintball guns are TYPICALLY only rated for 1800 psi or so, and most do not have burst discs as they are small enough capacity as not to need them under DOT regs.

Jacking an 1800 psi tank onto a 3000 psi scuba tank, or worse, a 3500 psi HP tank, could have, uh, interesting consequences.

Genesis:
You gotta be careful there.

Some guns and tanks are designed for CO2. CO2 has MUCH lower pressure. Even the comrpessed air cylinders used on paintball guns are TYPICALLY only rated for 1800 psi or so, and most do not have burst discs as they are small enough capacity as not to need them under DOT regs.

Jacking an 1800 psi tank onto a 3000 psi scuba tank, or worse, a 3500 psi HP tank, could have, uh, interesting consequences.

I understand your concern, but the vast majority if serious paintball players these days used steel or fiber wrapped high pressure bottles. These bottles typically come in 3000, 4500, and 5000 psi versions, and many paintballers do indeed buy SCUBA tanks expressly for the purpose of refilling their HPA (or "Nitro" or "N2" as they're typically called by ballers) tank from it.

Most decently sized internet paintball shops sell SCUBA to HPA fill whips, and those don't fit on the CO2 tanks.

In all, it's very common, and it's very safe.

BTW, any paintball marker can use an HPA tank, and any marker "can" use CO2. Many of the high end markers designed specifically for HPA don't react well to having liquid CO2 coursing through them, though.

If your still looking for a gun I would recomend either a tippman( I just sold my A5 which I loved) or an ion. There are pros and cons to both I would first say go to a field with woodsball and speedball and try them both because the tippman is more a woodsball gun and the ion is a speedball gun so that will influence your decision greatly. Both are highly upgradable. the tippman is a little more reliable but the ion is very reliable as long as it is maintained properly. The ion has the different moods of fire you were talking about earlier whereas the tippman doesnt. For price though the tippman is signifigantly cheaper to set up either 120 or 230 depending on if you go 98 or A5 and you can toss on a $25 CO2 tank and a $3 gravity feed loader, Where as the ion runs about 280 but you pretty much have to have a Compressed air tank which the cheapest tank will run about 75 and an electronic loader for 30 on up. but you can check either on actionvillage.com or 888paintball.com they both have package deals for all the guns i mentioned actionvillage actually has the 98 package with mask, air, hopper, barrel sock, and some other small stuff for 190.

As to Genesis's comment on the air tanks, all paintball air tanks both CO2 and compressed air do have burst discs for safty reason. Not trying to be mean I just didn't want anyone to be misinformed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom