A tank for non-breating air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve got an idea, how about we think of clever ways to rehash this incident every 6 months or so in the hopes of inflicting maximum damage to a reputable business

Yes I know that. I'm pushing the OP to explain what issue is supposedly going on that recently requalified tank can't be (re)filled. Sounds like the dive shop is just arm waving but perhaps its 6351 aluminum and they have a "no tanks over X years policy"?
I have no idea why it failed the Viz but it passed the Hydro. No, it wasn't an Aluminum tank. Steel 72.

Pretty sure I've seen this thread before...

These wouldn't happen to be the same steel 72s you picked up on the side of the road for free, would they?
They weren't on the side of the road. The sign was. Get it right. So what does that have to do with anything? The post was about how to get a SCUBA tank filled with non breathing gas.

I’ve got an idea, how about we think of clever ways to rehash this incident every 6 months or so in the hopes of inflicting maximum damage to a reputable business
What reputable business would that be? I didn't mention any names at all and only asked how to get a tank filled with non breathing gas. It seems to me that you're trying to stir up trouble. Now why would that be, hmmm? Just let it go and go away.

To quote the words of a wise man: "Mate how about you put your ugly rusty tank, and questionable character to bed, and let us get on with it"

To quote the words of a wise man: "Mate how about you put your ugly rusty tank, and questionable character to bed, and let us get on with it"
I asked a simple question: "How to designate a tank as non breathing gas only". Obviously, you are unable to answer that question. However, instead of just passing the post by you have to attempt to stir up crap. Why? It seems to me that you are the one with questionable character. You have nothing of substance or intelligence to offer, you insult people and you try to stir up crap. That makes you a troll. So whatever you want to "get on with", just do it and shut up.

This is getting good lol

Do any of you posters with less-than-ideal opinions of each other, ever run into one another on trips? Specifically the invasions? I have a feeling that most people would change their tune if they were face-to-face with the opposing party hahah

.......it does not matter what the tank is used for after it is filled. If it did not pass inspection, it is because it is considered not safe to fill it, not because the gas is unsafe to breathe after it is filled.
This is the concept that needs to be understood....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom