PADI Log Book Pages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the logs are great but do not give enough info for Nitrox and Multilevel diving. I think I will cutomise my own as I am tired of having to spend a fortune on log sheets. My Dive computer has all the info but does not print out for a log book. They should really look into that.

Omicron:
This isn't ENTIRELY DIY, but it's still pretty close.

I still use PADI dive log pages - I like them for the diving that I do. They are the ones that have the little graphs for multi-level and single level dives, exposure protection, water type, weight, start/ending psi, air/watr temp, time in/time out and a good liberal comments section. Everything I need and like. If I recall they are the ones out of the book that you would get with a PADI AOW class....

Anyway! I just filled up another book of 'em and was faced with paying $11.95 for another log book that fits 50 dives and I would split the pages part to fit into my logbook binder. Or...I could go to my local friendly office store (Staples, in my case) and have them make up a few for me.

They were able to fit four log book pages per 8.5"x11" sheet of paper. Two per side, double sided. They even had that somewhat glossy paper the log book comes in.

I had 100 sheets made, so 400 dives. Cut to size and three hole punched for like $16.50. So, for a few bucks more than the cost of a book for 50 dives, I got a log book for 400 dives. Not too shabby!

I modified the Log Book to have a checklist for visibility. Also made a couple of other minor mods.

I ran out of log pages and remembered this thread. Did a search and looked at all the neat submissions. What a GREAT bunch of ideas.
:dazzler1:
Here is my take on the project. I liberally "borrowed" parts of pages I liked and made my own version. My complaint with the 5.5 x 8" small-page logs, is that there is not enough room in the comments area. I laid the page out so that you can duplex print the pages on standard US letter size paper (8.5 x 11"), trim, and punch for use in the "small" log books I prefer. I only get one dive's log per sheet, but life is a series of tradeoffs, I suppose.

You can leave the pages whole and use in a normal 8x5 x 11" notebook, too.

I put a prompt in the header to aid anybody who is not an experienced MS Word user. Click the VIEW menu and then choose HEADERS AND FOOTERS. Replace my prompt text with your name, if you like.

Enjoy, KYDan

kevjl2:
Come on all you super computer dudes and dudettes.....anyone have a dive log on Excel that does the calcs???? That would be awesome....convert it to Documents to go and put it on the PDA... I think we got something here...

I am about 90% done with a log book in excel that will automaticly perform calculations and what not for 25 dives. It uses one worksheet page for each dive with an input page in the front to input start data (dive#, bottom time, average SAC, and whatnot). Each page automaticly updates with the current info and there is a page at the end that prints out a summary of those dives. The reason that it's not tracking more than 25 dives is that the guys at Micro say that most computers don't like to run excell spreadsheets over 36 pages and 25 seemed like a good number.

All of the calculations are worked out and it functions now, the last 10% is trying to get it to look pretty and include the info that I'm interested in. I'll post it when (if) I ever get it done.

:)

Old thread... I know I know... :)

so... more log book questions... thanks for sharing so much stuff..... What is your preferred ? format?? (don't know if that's what I mean).

Several people have mentioned, but wondered if there were other thoughts....

3 ring binders?? what size? regular notebook? buying pre-printed log stuff? How do you keep your pages? Thanks from a newbie trying to get organized. :)

Also, do you worry about waterproofing??? Or just stick it in your bag??

Nessy:
Hi all

thought I would add my own donation to the log book pile. I find this one much more useful than many of the standard log books out there.

Cheers
Nessy

Nessy,

This log book is excellent. Do you perhaps have a more hi-res version to post? It would be great in PDF format as the quality of the graphics and text will be maintained. The version you posted is a bit fuzzy when printed.

Cheers,

Andrew

Hello Everyone, thought I'd throw the dive log my brother and I created into the mix. There isn't any kind of cool pictures on it like a lot of the logs on here but there is a ton of useful information contained on it. I have it in Excel and Word formats so PM me with your contact info if you want a high res copy.

AmyJ:
Also, do you worry about waterproofing??? Or just stick it in your bag??
Although I've use a few logs that were waterproof, both ink and pencil tended to smear on the waterproofed paper.

What works for me is to leave the logbook in the car/hotel/home and just bring a waterproof notebook from http://www.riteintherain.com/ . Rough notes about the dive, tank pressures, e-mail addresses of divers that want photos of them I took, etc go into the notebook.

Later at home or the hotel I add the time/depth info from the computer and make an entry into a non-waterproof logbook. That logbook never goes onto a boat so it doesn't need to be waterproof.

2Tours N Iraq`:
Hello Everyone, thought I'd throw the dive log my brother and I created into the mix. There isn't any kind of cool pictures on it like a lot of the logs on here but there is a ton of useful information contained on it. I have it in Excel and Word formats so PM me with your contact info if you want a high res copy.
That's a kick-butt dive log you've got there! I think I'll use it too (considering I had a hand in making it)!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom