PADI Log Book Pages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevjl - what type of calcuations are you looking for??? Calculating pressure groups???

Yeah...kinda like the Godive software. You input you're depth, and bottom time and it tells you the PG. If it looked just like a Log page, the function key would put in the right info. (I think)

This seems like a good idea, though I don't know what the value would be of filling in your pressure groups after your diving day is finished. By then the data is purely academic. Unless you take your laptop to the beach with you and fill the data in between dives to determine your pressure group for planning your next dive, I can't see the use of the data.

The BIG issue here is going to be copyright. Whose tables would be used to populate the lookup table in the spreadsheet that your "auto" function would reference? If your dive table of choice is not copyrighted, then this is not a problem. PADI tables are copyright, so you would not be allowed to use them without evoking the wrath of a lot of people. (Omicron can tell you more about this :D )

It would probably then only require a little bit of macro programming or maybe you could get away with the HLOOKUP, VLOOKUP functions in Excel to achieve the desired output.

Maybe one day when I have nothing left to tinker with...

Cheers,

Andrew

hey guys!
here's my own version of a divelog. Almost everything is marked with icons :) The palms trees are for surface interval and the hanger for exposure suit. Everything else is pretty much self explainable

cheers!
mita

ShoalDiverSA and Omicron, Great job on your *Non Copy right infringing* Log book's! I liked them both and will be tweaking them for my personal use *Of course they will be Non Fringed*! I am a Trimix Cave diver and an Instructor and will add a few things that reflect the type of diving I do and post my version. This is off the subject I guess but does anyone have any *Non Copy right Infringing*
( :eek: Walter, Try to relax) Gas Mixing log's. I am a Certified Trimix and EANx blender and use a commercial blender log book but would like to know if anyone has come up with there own or even a spread sheet version that could do the math and keep a log as well?

Cavenutz

Having just got my diving gear out of a box finding Omicrons .zip file with a reasonably similar pahe to mine was great.

Photocopies of photocopies of photocopies soon become unreadable

Excellent!

Thanks guys

Jon

Glad you guys are liking 'em - keep posting the changes you make, it'll be cool to have a few different options.

Here's my version

Log books are a personal thing.
Attached are the sheets for my log book.
They fit the small 4" x 6" 6 ring binders.

I've included jpg, bmp and CorelDraw 8 formats.
Feel free to alter, or uses as is.

Mike D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom