PADI Log Book Pages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Omnicron,

Thanks for the work. I was in the process of making a dive log page similiar to what you have done and now there is no need.

Thanks again,

Mike...

Hi all

thought I would add my own donation to the log book pile. I find this one much more useful than many of the standard log books out there.

Cheers
Nessy

I needed to print more log today, so I decided to add some more details to my original logs based upon the ideas posted in this thread. It is a minor revision of the original.

Here is my newest submission in DOC and PDF format. The Acrobat file is pre-formatted to print 2-up on an A4 sheet.

Cheers,

Andrew

Nessy. I searched the ENTIRE internet for a printable log book I can use instead of buying padi's 15 dollar replacement sheets. You have the best one! You win the www prize..

thanks guys... i'd been looking for something like this, and now i found it!

ShoalDiverSA:
Walter,

I believe that is what I did. The PADI dive logs did not include all the data I wanted to record, so I spent time drawing up my own logs in a wordprocessor. I did not photocopy or scan the original PADI logbooks. Granted, the PADI layout was my starting point, but I drew these up and added the information that is important to me. PADI does not have the copyright on the data which is important for a diver. They have the copyright on the original material they generate.

If, for example, I typed their training manuals verbatim into an electronic format, I have infringed on their copyright. If I typed my own dive training manual addressing issues such as DCS, SIT, sinus problems, depth, pressure, etc, which are also addressed in the PADI manual, this would not be a copyright infringement. The training manuals are attempting to achieve a common purpose, hence the similarities.

In the same way, as a diver I am interested in:

Date;
Weather;
Tank Volume;
Air Consumption;
Bottom Time;
Max Depth;
Average Depth;
Comments;
and so on....

in my dive log. If these happen to appear in a dive log that I create as well as the PADI version, so be it.

I do not condone people infringing on copyright. If you believe that my dive log format is an infringement, I will more than gladly delete my post.

I hope that I have made my position clear. And more importantly, I hope that I have not misinterpreted your post and flown off the bat unnecessarily.:(

Cheers,

Andrew

It looks almost exactly like the PADI log book, up to and including the basic layout. Now whether it is a copyright infringement or not would really depend on how much PADI wanted to push the issue. When dealing with a large corporation, always remember that most times their legal department can outspend you. However, that must be balanced with whether they think it is enough of a problem to seek a remedy. I would suggest removing the zip file, since copyright infringement with distribution is a touchier subject.

ShoalDiverSA:
... If you believe that my dive log format is an infringement, I will more than gladly delete my post...

Due to the continued concerns voiced by members and in the spirit of the above undertaking, I have requested that Otter remove the attachments to my posts. There are many other divelog options still available on this thread. I would certainly not like to have either SB or myself dragged into a legal battle.

!!Kudos to Otter for his helpfulness.!!

Cheers,

Andrew

In my opinon if you donot copy the graphics from the padi log book you aren't braking any laws but if you simply make a photocopy of it your are braking the law. You can get by this if you donot sell the copied material

ShoalDiverSA:
Due to the continued concerns voiced by members and in the spirit of the above undertaking, I have requested that Otter remove the attachments to my posts. There are many other divelog options still available on this thread. I would certainly not like to have either SB or myself dragged into a legal battle.

!!Kudos to Otter for his helpfulness.!!

Cheers,

Andrew

There are lots of log pages out there. While I am not an attorney, I suspect a log page which is virtually identical in format to a copyrighted work would be an infringement. OTOH, there is a finite amount of information that one records about their dives and logical way of organizing it. Ultimately, I doubt it is in PADI's best interest to even mess with this type of thing. Copying their educational material would be a different thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom