PADI Log Book Pages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The attachments may not have come across cleanly when the servers got migrated.

Here's some that I have...

Here's an Excel spreadsheet, four log pages printed out on 8 1/2 x 11 paper on both sides. I'll also be changing them soon to reflect my new dive conditions.

Enjoy

Attachments

• Dive Log Mine.xls
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,321
Ok, I'll add mine to the pile. So far I've been using the standard PADI ones. They are the best readily available, but there were things I didn't like about it:

1. All kinds of space wasted for multi-level stuff plus, to some extent, it is geared towards table users.
2. Only enough room to really put in the dive site, not the location, etc.
3. The exposure checklist is a little limiting
4. If I want to do a map or write a lot or list animals in a table, there is not enough room. Plus the comment lines are too close together for my chicken scratch.
5. No Nitrox as pointed out.

I also checked out Dive-logs.com. Very nice, very cool site and starting with "Computer-Naturalist-Nitrox" I got something I thought was decent, but I still had some issues:

1. Cost. The $ to pound sucks and $50 (with shipping) for a reasonable dive log was too much.
2. Would have to order several sets to have the option of not having the 2nd page
3. Inflexible differentiation between comments/animal sightings/site map
4. Same problem as PADI with the dive site location
5. Only one temperature and the running dive time was not to my liking.
6. Have to choose either metric or imperial. I'm starting to dive in metric, but regardless your weighting is still determined by who owns the boat.

So I designed my own. The two PDFs attached have all three combinations of Log+extra page on the front and back of a page if they are printed double sided, the idea being that before you start you can decide if you need one page for the dive or two.

Comments are welcome, of course, especially on the drysuit section as I don't own one (yet?).

Attachments

• DiveLogPrint.pdf
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,649
  • DiveLog.pdf
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,263
This isn't ENTIRELY DIY, but it's still pretty close.

I still use PADI dive log pages - I like them for the diving that I do. They are the ones that have the little graphs for multi-level and single level dives, exposure protection, water type, weight, start/ending psi, air/watr temp, time in/time out and a good liberal comments section. Everything I need and like. If I recall they are the ones out of the book that you would get with a PADI AOW class....

Anyway! I just filled up another book of 'em and was faced with paying $11.95 for another log book that fits 50 dives and I would split the pages part to fit into my logbook binder. Or...I could go to my local friendly office store (Staples, in my case) and have them make up a few for me.

They were able to fit four log book pages per 8.5"x11" sheet of paper. Two per side, double sided. They even had that somewhat glossy paper the log book comes in.

I had 100 sheets made, so 400 dives. Cut to size and three hole punched for like $16.50. So, for a few bucks more than the cost of a book for 50 dives, I got a log book for 400 dives. Not too shabby!

Have you tryed my program to print them.

Tim's Recreational Dive Log

Come on all you super computer dudes and dudettes.....anyone have a dive log on Excel that does the calcs???? That would be awesome....convert it to Documents to go and put it on the PDA... I think we got something here...

My Program works out pressure groups based on PADI tables

I updated mine again slightly. Most significantly adding a place for the SAC and a dive summary page similar to PADI's. The "Print" version is set up to print two to a page and printed on 44lb paper looks to be about perfect to fit in a PADI or similar three ring binder.

Attachments

• DiveLogPrint.pdf
    40.6 KB · Views: 666
  • DiveLog.pdf
    44.3 KB · Views: 514
In keeping with the free exchange of ideas and information on this site, here is my (hot off the press) divelog page.

Thanks to everyone for posting their examples here, it was a big help to me in designing my own page.

It's setup for double sided A5 printing.

I hope someone finds my page here equally helpful.

Cheers

Attachments

• MyDiveLogA5x2.doc
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,009
Crazy that this is still going after all these years.

I've moved to a new log format and figured that I would post what I am using these days. I needed a place to start tracking different gasses and deco schedules so this is what I came up w/ for my technical dive logging. I printed up a batch of 100 of them and they have been working out pretty well for me.

I still do recreational dives so I wanted the log to work for both types of diving which is why I've kept some of the fields for 10' stop and that sort of thing.

Attachments

• ScubaBoardDiveLog.doc
    181.5 KB · Views: 888
I have made my own, too. I mostly leave blanks instead of having options to check., for example entry_________________ instead of listing options, then you can write "6' giant stride, 65' boat" I also include Dive op, weights, exposure protection,cost, air consumption. I can get 4 on a PADI-sized sheet front and back, which lets me put more in my book. I never have them signed, but I may stamp them at the dive op. Lots of room for comments.

but posting a clear violation of Copyright laws is 'interesting'. Again, doubtful that the PADI Publishling Police will be knocking on your door....:wink:

Actually I think you are incorrect.
Since the OP purchased the original pages the copies were made from he has the right under fair use to make copies for his/her own use. These copies can not legally be sold or used by others and if the OP is a "professional" using these pages to track his professional endevors would indeed violate copyright.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom