PADI IDC is killing me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have You completed your IDC?

Yesterday was the last day of mine :D

3 intensive week-ends (plus Fridays), 4 candidates, the CD and 3 Staff Instructors.

Saturday PM I wanted to quit ..:no
The CD and the IDC Staff were pulling tricks on me .... I felt I was always getting the most difficult CW demonstrations and - on top of it - they were inserting unusual (for me) problems ... so I manged to get a 1 :( because I missed one of those problems.
I was sooooo depressed .... I texted my wife with my decision to quit .... she responded that she was going to kick my butt :D

So I went back to the room for my Prescriptive presentation .... and I got myself a 4.5 :lotsalove:

Sunday we went to the beach for the OW demonstrations and the rescue demo and everything was nice and dandy ... even got another 4.5 for a OW skill.

The CD and the staff were very very good; challenging us but also supporting and guiding us

IE is on 4/26&27 ... I feel I am prepared now .... hopefully I will not forget too much before then :)

I am looking forward to become an Instructor so I can make a lot of money teaching how to Scuba dive :D

I_AM

Have You completed your IDC?

Yesterday was the last day of mine :D

3 intensive week-ends (plus Fridays), 4 candidates, the CD and 3 Staff Instructors.

Saturday PM I wanted to quit ..:no
The CD and the IDC Staff were pulling tricks on me .... I felt I was always getting the most difficult CW demonstrations and - on top of it - they were inserting unusual (for me) problems ... so I manged to get a 1 :( because I missed one of those problems.
I was sooooo depressed .... I texted my wife with my decision to quit .... she responded that she was going to kick my butt :D

So I went back to the room for my Prescriptive presentation .... and I got myself a 4.5 :lotsalove:

Sunday we went to the beach for the OW demonstrations and the rescue demo and everything was nice and dandy ... even got another 4.5 for a OW skill.

The CD and the staff were very very good; challenging us but also supporting and guiding us

IE is on 4/26&27 ... I feel I am prepared now .... hopefully I will not forget too much before then :)

I am looking forward to become an Instructor so I can make a lot of money teaching how to Scuba dive :D

I_AM

Rule for making a lot of money in Scuba Diving is to start with a lot more money.

Rule for making a lot of money in Scuba Diving is to start with a lot more money.

I tried making alot of money scuba diving but the paper got wet, the ink ran, and the presses corroded.

I start my OWSI IDC tomorrow night. We're going to do Tu/Th evenings for the next 3 weeks, then a pool day and a lake day, more if needed. My IE is 4/26, 4/27 also....

This will be a busy month...I'm also teaching 2 Discover Scuba's, AWARE and AWARE Coral Reef, 3 Open Waters (AI duties)....and that's just the classes that have made so far...more are on the schedule but haven't made yet.....

I have a Baltimore Aquarium dive coming up this weekend and some specialties at the end of the month.

The harder the IDC - the easier the IE

Know the feeling.

During my IDC I felt as if I had 2 WWF wrestlers tag-teaming me!

Ended up the IE with something like a 4.6 aggregate score.

the K

The harder the IDC - the easier the IE

Know the feeling.

During my IDC I felt as if I had 2 WWF wrestlesr tag-teaming me!

Ended up the IE with something like a 4.6 aggregate score.

the K

That pretty much sums up my IDC as well.

That is EXACTLY what I am doing :D

Regards,

I_AM

Not really sure I was ready too become a scuba instructor with less than 200 dives. I guess I was a little harder on myself than others are. Hope things turn out ok. Seems that some of the instructors I've dealt with were in that boat though. Wish you the best.:wink:
Joe

Back
Top Bottom